Bergeon 4854 Cannon Pinion Remover a couple of questions ?

Paul80

Hi all.

I have been thinking of adding a Bergeon Cannon Pinion Remover tool to my toolbox but have a couple of questions, hopefully one of you will be able to help.

1st question, looking online most sellers list this tool at around £200 which sounds about right for a Bergeon tool 😉 but Cousins list it at £61 plus VAT, am I missing something obvious with such a huge price difference.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/sku/details/cannon-pinion-tools/cannon-pinion-remover/c0296.

2nd question have they changed this tool as it's listed as being used for cannon pinions of 1.2mm and larger, I seem to remember reading that it used to go much smaller than that.

I mainly work on Japanese watches and most of the pinions I have measure smaller than 1.2mm, have they changed the tool, did it used to go smaller.

Thanks for any help with this.

Paul

I haven't used the current Bergeon, but have read complaints about the limited small range. If you keep an eye on Ebay look for MC cannon pinion remover, it looks the same, but will pull the smallest cannon pinions you can imagine. I think they go for about 60 pounds on average. I think K&D had a version or branded the MC K&D, but can't remember exactly. I have a couple of MCs I bought over 20 years ago and they were probably already 20 years old, daily use, zero issues.

Just looked at mine, one is marked M&S M-C pat. 2271945, the other just M-C pat. 2271945

Edited by nickelsilver