My two "good" watches

grsnovi

Had a Jaeger-LeCoultre sun/moon with display back once upon a time, but it's gone now. These are the two I have now (along with a half dozen quartz watches). The IWC just came back from a $600 clean/lube and crown replacement.

IMG-0772.thumb.JPG.ca9857e545d92ab0584d85a00de7d7c9.JPG

Edited by grsnovi
added note re: clean/lube, crown replace
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Other than the movements that I'm picking up to practice on, here are the rest of mine (minus the IWC because of how the strap & clasp make it higher than the rest). All but three of the quartz need (at least) a battery. I used to wear a watch every day when I was working. Now that I'm retired, not so much and I rarely wear the mechanicals although they do get a wind every day). I figured out somewhere along the way that if I wind the IWC 3x more than what it takes the Zenith (based on the RDM) things are good. Maybe I should give the quartz ones some love? I have a 1945 Buren 10.5 Grand Prix on the way. Not sure what condition it's in and it's coming from "your" side of the pond. It actually has a case (so far none of the others I've purchased have been cased). I'm also planning to stop by some antique stores later in the week when my wife and I head over to the coast. It's crazy - we got snow this morning. First time in 80 years for the area.

all my watches.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 9:22 PM, grsnovi said:

Other than the movements that I'm picking up to practice on, here are the rest of mine (minus the IWC because of how the strap & clasp make it higher than the rest). All but three of the quartz need (at least) a battery. I used to wear a watch every day when I was working. Now that I'm retired, not so much and I rarely wear the mechanicals although they do get a wind every day). I figured out somewhere along the way that if I wind the IWC 3x more than what it takes the Zenith (based on the RDM) things are good. Maybe I should give the quartz ones some love? I have a 1945 Buren 10.5 Grand Prix on the way. Not sure what condition it's in and it's coming from "your" side of the pond. It actually has a case (so far none of the others I've purchased have been cased). I'm also planning to stop by some antique stores later in the week when my wife and I head over to the coast. It's crazy - we got snow this morning. First time in 80 years for the area.

all my watches.jpg

Buren GP. I was looking at a few last month. Hope it it's a good one for you. What sort of coin if you don't mind me asking ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 1:34 PM, grsnovi said:

Had a Jaeger-LeCoultre sun/moon with display back once upon a time, but it's gone now. These are the two I have now (along with a half dozen quartz watches). The IWC just came back from a $600 clean/lube and crown replacement.

IMG-0772.thumb.JPG.ca9857e545d92ab0584d85a00de7d7c9.JPG

Both watches are beauties

• Like 1

• 8 months later...