not a new member just an OLD LOST member!!

• 3 weeks later...

For you who encounter this problem, things have changed at least here in the USA, dont hesitate to try and correct your vision,my cataract surgeries were very easy , the vitrectomy WAS scarry to me,, they stick 2 needles in your eye and a light in the 3rd hole, and draw all the vitreous out that has all the old yellowed /stringy fluid/ floaters, blobs and what nots.mine were so bad they floated up in my vision blocking what ever i tried to work on, and driving was a booger. they replace it with a solution, I COULD NOT believe the clarity difference, i had no vision the first day, it did hurt a few days and i looked liked someone gave me a black eye but it all healed in a few weeks by the 3rd day i could see watch parts again!!, now i have 20/16 vision in my right eye that was 20/200 before, i had to wear glasses ALL of my life,, i am heading Back to have the left eye done in a few months,Take care of yourselves,,stay well, no one will do it for you,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2022 at 5:30 PM, rob1crazydude said:

Hi I am Back after a long hiatus,, had several eye operations, 2 cataract, an 1 vitrectomy finally can see somewhat better, now back to the bench.. 

Hi Rob. Youve returned to dissappear again what going on matey? I was looking forward to some serious crazy competion with you when i saw this post pop up . Pah. Hurry up mate and come back we need to duel 😄

• Like 1

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the report on your vitrectomy, I have heard they are wonderful for people with those issues. Luckily they keep telling me that my cataracts aren't bad enough for surgery yet. Last year I had a carotid endarterectomy which (although it cleared the artery as intended) allowed a plaque to wander up to my left eye where it resulted in a CRAO. That has been a new burden but luckily with my other eye open I can still see (almost) normally.

I suspect we don't worry about our eyesight until something happens to it.

- Gary

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

seems the older we get the more problems while my eye is better,now my wife developed a osteomyalitis (infection/bone) in her foot, after taking here to the wound care for over a year, the hole in the bottom of her foot  got infected all the way into the bones in the foot, leaving her in the hospital /me, finally an operation and some pins  they wanted to keep her there for 6 weeks, after the 3 she has been there , serious IV antibiotics are over they wanted to do rehab there  i said no, so i have been attending to her, , just as well, i have no watch work and no one interested here, have learned i should have been a NURSE i would have made more money!! she is much happier at home and her spirits are up,so are mine with her home, my watchmaster burnt up the coils somehow burnt, and 2 capacitors popped, so i replaced those will be assembling and trying out I will post the test date so everyone can look west and see if they see a big flash!!, thanks all it really is nice to hear from someone, 

35 minutes ago, rob1crazydude said:

seems the older we get the more problems while my eye is better,now my wife developed a osteomyalitis (infection/bone) in her foot, after taking here to the wound care for over a year, the hole in the bottom of her foot  got infected all the way into the bones in the foot, leaving her in the hospital /me, finally an operation and some pins  they wanted to keep her there for 6 weeks, after the 3 she has been there , serious IV antibiotics are over they wanted to do rehab there  i said no, so i have been attending to her, , just as well, i have no watch work and no one interested here, have learned i should have been a NURSE i would have made more money!! she is much happier at home and her spirits are up,so are mine with her home, my watchmaster burnt up the coils somehow burnt, and 2 capacitors popped, so i replaced those will be assembling and trying out I will post the test date so everyone can look west and see if they see a big flash!!, thanks all it really is nice to hear from someone, 

Aw mate. Bless your missus and bless you for taking such good care of her. Thats true love and a genuine marriage right there. I hope things improve for you both and you get back to some normality to start enjoying  a stress free life again. Keep a positive mindset always, and find laughter in everything you do. They're the most potent medicines in our world. 

• Like 1

thanks i appreciate it!!,its been hard , i sometimes feel down but I cant give up, and i am happier when she is home, not stuck in some nursing home, I worry more that way,the care here is not very good,i was forever walking in and her not attended to,it seems as time goes on the hired help does less and less,I dont know how it is there,but the medical profession needs a change,thanks guys, 

different note :Should i try and do an internet repair service , I am a little afraid of just getting shipped watches that may not be real?? i wish i had a little shop like i used to but the RENT is SOO high and repairs are so low, I had no calls on trade work, not being certified,i apprenticed way back, but never joined a AWCI or anything and dont have the money to do that anyway i guess, BOY do i miss the 70's !!!!!!! windup watches galore!!! 

• Like 2