New to the hobby

Tenndad84

Hey all long time watch lover, but new to the hobby of repair. I’m from Hendersonville, Tn. Decided to get into it because I bought a vintage Baylor diver with an AS1803 hand wind movement. I was going to just send it off to be repaired but with the side effects on the workforce due to covid, repair times are pretty crazy. So I bought a watch repair kit from esslinger and an extra AS1803 movement for possible parts. But will need advice. Especially on things like movement lubricants, and part sources for gaskets/seals etc. I will need to eventually need a timegrapher, I’ve thought about the smart phone apps but they don’t seem like they would be as dependable. If you have any advice please let me know. I look forward to getting into this journey. Thanks for your time. 

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement.  The search facility might help you. Lots of info about lubricants, gaskets and timing machines. Just ask if you need help.  At the top of the board click on Resources to find suppliers for parts. 

Hello and welcome to the forum, attached a few documents for your interest hope you find them usefull.    Ther Watch-O-Scope pc based timegrapher soft ware  is quite use ful If you down load the lite version  but you need to build an amplifier and pickup ,  thers are others  available, google timgrapher software and you will get a handful.     cheers

watch oiling chart.jpg

1612608791_ToolsfortheHobbyist (2).pdf TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf moebiuslubricatingchart.pdf

• 4 weeks later...