Vintage ladies Rolex main spring

Hi all.

The story behind this watch is - It was given as a gift for long service to a gentleman. He had a choice of a gents or ladies Rolex and he chose the ladies and gave it to his wife as a present. She wore it everyday and cherished it. She left it to her daughter who kept it in a drawer not working and judging by the internal marks serviced only twice in its lifetime. It came to me as we know the lady who is now in her 70's and she would like now to wear it so I offered to service it and here it is. I think wearing it will bring her closer to her mum -in a nice way. I need to obtain a mainspring for it as the original is distorted. Can anyone help identifying the correct mainspring? On the back of the main plate it has a number stamped  120. Thank you for any help.

IMG_9037.thumb.JPG.56cc31e603308075541b2c6af19431b7.JPG

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nickelsilver said:

Looks to be an FHF 120, Generale Ressorts ref. 3473 1.35x 0.08x 240 7. Cousins has it GR3472.

Many thanks Nickelsilver for such a prompt reply. I have ordered one and will see if it is indeed the one that is required. I will let you know. Once again many thanks.

19 hours ago, Colditz said:

Just curious NS - what does the FHF stand for?

Ha, Fabrique d'Horlogerie de Fontainmelon. Most pros say "Font". The ebauche mark is a stylized first F backwards then HF all pushed together. Back then Rolex outsourced a lot of their movements, there's a big Gruen connection too.

Edited by nickelsilver

On 3/4/2022 at 6:23 PM, nickelsilver said:

Ha, Fabrique d'Horlogerie de Fontainmelon. Most pros say "Font". The ebauche mark is a stylized first F backwards then HF all pushed together. Back then Rolex outsourced a lot of their movements, there's a big Gruen connection too.

Thank you for the explanation Nickelsilver. 🙂