Try to restore the case or not

Hi 

I'm working on a diver watch named : Philly Master Mariner I join a photo of the dial 

The question is about the case what do you advise I know it's very personal to restore or not a case some do it other prefer to keep it as is as more authentic.

But here I've in dilemma, the face is not too bad but the back and side are very damaged

So your advises are welcomed even if someone tell me don't think about it because it'll be a catastrophic failure

Thanks

PXL_20220303_142315442.jpg

PXL_20220303_142326398.jpg

PXL_20220303_142340624.jpg

PXL_20220303_142351816.jpg

PXL_20220303_142502920.jpg

Hi   The condition of the case is woe ful, loss of plating and wear. As the dial its self is in good condition I would think a clean and replate of the case would enhance the watch, as it is it detracts from the general apperance, Its your watch but in my opinion it would be better done than left undone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, watchweasol said:

a clean and replate of the case would enhance the watch,

Before replating, the base metal must be brought to a perfectly smooth finish. With deep damage, and on a soft metal like brass, that will deform the shape considerably. Then, good luck to the OP in finding someone that will do a good job, and consider that the cost will largely exceed the material value of the watch. If one is interested in case refurbishing, the only material that makes that relatively easy is Stainless Steel.

• Thanks 1