Find matching quartz movement

Larry123

I have a Seiko watch that I purchased long time ago.IMG_20220226_220252363.thumb.jpg.68b051340fccf00b22dde8f14efd06a1.jpgIMG_20220226_215659213_BURST000_COVER.thumb.jpg.f69a6464c1407edb11ea2f12b96289ef.jpg

It is a two handed dress watch.

Recently, I took the watch to the shop to replace battery. But I was told that the quartz movement is no longer working.

I have seen replacement quartz movements on Amazon.

How can I find a matching quartz movement?

Shall I just measure the diameter and thickness of the quartz movement?

• jdm locked and unlocked this topic
11 hours ago, Larry123 said:

But I was told that the quartz movement is no longer working.

Before giving up on it have a read of our pinned topic about restarting 'dead' quartz watches.

11 hours ago, Larry123 said:

Shall I just measure the diameter and thickness of the quartz movement?

That's alway a good practice to confirm and learn. 

3 hours ago, watchweasol said:

There is some writing and a number on the plate Number looks like 393

Seiko stamps the mov.t ID on the case back so we know already that's a 2620, the OP can do the usual searches of direct replacement or alternatives. 

4 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi   to find a movement to fit this watch it would be helpfut to know the model and caliber number of the movement which is fitted. There is some writing and a number on the plate Number looks like 393   can you post a close up of the writing and number.

SAM_0555~2.JPG

1 hour ago, Larry123 said:

SAM_0555~2.JPG

What watchweasol was asking is for any number on the mov.t plate, that is the top face of the inside module. However as mentioned before we know already that your movement is a discontinued 2620 and you should be able move ahead using the good tips above. 

Hi Having checked my iterchangeability sites, There is no mention  of it other than its 1980's suggest you measeur the diameter and height of the present movement. Bearing in mind that the dial feet will probably not match up and will require repositioning and the stem and crown will change.  Look up the 2620 on ebay you may be able to find a working donor which is probably the best option.

52 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

There is no mention  of it other than its 1980's suggest you measeur the diameter and height of the present movement.

It's a 7-3/4''', Seiko doesn't make that size anymore except for one solar model. If it doesn't restart with a gentle impulse, I believe that most people would just accept the loss.

2620B.pdf

• Like 1

The only other Seiko movements with that diameter (17.6mm in metric) seem to be others in the 262x series only, although they're all slightly taller due to date/day or sub-dial complications which the 2620 doesn't have – its height is 3.0mm. It's possible they'd still fit in your case but can't be guaranteed, so it seems best to look for a rough but working donor 2620, if possible.

For reference, here are technical guides for most of the movements in the series: