Timex alarm watch help required

Bharat

Hi, Bharat here, a new entrant to the wonderful world of pre-owned watches. Loving the thrill of the chase and the new(to me) things I learn about watches.

I recently bought a Timex easy set alarm quartz watch ( the turn and pull to set kind). I do not know the model number, I'm sorry. 

The watch bezel turns just fine, along with both the crowns (it's supposed to do that), but the inner bezel with the hour and minute markers that set the alarm, don't. And the date change is also scratchy. Are thes 2 issues related? 

I do like the watch and would love a solution if possible. Else I'll be forced to return it to the collector I got it from.

Sorry for the long post. 

Kindly help.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2022 at 4:54 PM, Bharat said:

Hi, Bharat here, a new entrant to the wonderful world of pre-owned watches. Loving the thrill of the chase and the new(to me) things I learn about watches.

I recently bought a Timex easy set alarm quartz watch ( the turn and pull to set kind). I do not know the model number, I'm sorry. 

The watch bezel turns just fine, along with both the crowns (it's supposed to do that), but the inner bezel with the hour and minute markers that set the alarm, don't. And the date change is also scratchy. Are thes 2 issues related? 

I do like the watch and would love a solution if possible. Else I'll be forced to return it to the collector I got it from.

Sorry for the long post. 

Kindly help.

Some pictures of the watch would help.

I suspect it is probably in need of a clean, and there may be grit or dirt in the bezel that has frozen it in place. To fix it would require some disassembly, but exactly what depends on the watch, so some good pictures would go a long way towards helping us to advise you.