On 2/19/2022 at 12:51 PM, HectorLooi said:

Nice!

That's the only weakness in a Vigor crystal lift. I salvaged the coiled spring from an Indian-made crystal lift that I wrecked and replaced the worn out oring in mine. Now it should last for another 50 years.

Supply houses carry a replacement rubber band for like $8 which seems a bit high. 

I stole the coiled spring from a chinese crystal lift for my vintage Vigor as well. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

Didn't know that!  But, at any rate, the printer and a little time solved it.

Oh wait, more like $4. 

https://www.esslinger.com/replacement-rubber-ring-for-bergeon-4266-crystal-lift-tool/

Which flexible are you using? i have some TPU filament but i think all of it is shore D95 or something. Heel of a man's shoe sort of durometer. It is not soft. 

I believe that if i knew the proper name for that coil spring band, or at least what they might call it in china, it should be possible to buy those too. 

Edited by TimpanogosSlim

On 2/21/2022 at 8:01 PM, TimpanogosSlim said:

Supply houses carry a replacement rubber band for like $8 which seems a bit high.

My crystal lift band snapped not long after I got it.  I just replaced it with a 200 series o-ring.  I got mine from work, but they can be had at any home improvement center.  You just need to know your size.  If you still have the original, take it with you and get one as close as you can to the ID.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/23/2022 at 5:25 AM, KarlvonKoln said:

The ones with brass jaws - are they the Chinese ones, or Indian?  Mine has brass and I wonder now where it was made.  It doesn't seem to say.  Outside of the jaws being a bit rough at the edges when I got it, the lift works rather well.

Since I couldn't get a deal on a vintage one off of eBay, I got a budget one from Esslinger.  The teeth look to be brass.  I did have to do a good deal of deburring to them but it was worth the effort.

• Like 1