Pallet warmers

HectorLooi

20220213_164552.thumb.jpg.f0c88d4b91d059f8be2d97c05fe49227.jpg

Over the years, I've collected 3 different pallet warmers. I've figured out how to use the 2 seen on the right, but the 1 on the left remains a mystery.

The long skinny end has scorch marks, so that's the end that is heated. But where is the pallet fork supposed to be placed?

TIA

47 minutes ago, HectorLooi said:

The long skinny end has scorch marks, so that's the end that is heated. But where is the pallet fork supposed to be placed?

Hi there HectorLooi, the one on the left is for roller table jewel replacement. Watch this video it shows how to use. 

Hope this helps. 

Graziano 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Graziano. So that's what it's for.

Melting shellac on a pallet warmer is almost like watching paint dry. I've always wondered if it's possible to use my hot air soldering station at the lowest temperature and air velocity to do the job. Has anyone tried that?

On 2/13/2022 at 1:44 AM, Graziano said:

Hi there HectorLooi, the one on the left is for roller table jewel replacement.

Technically that's not the correct answer? Yes that's typically what I think that tool is for typically it's what everyone uses it for until they realize that it has another use like it will work with pallet forks and even as other uses possibly?

What I was thinking about for the roller/universal tool would be to make an electric heater for it. Below is really a pain to do a roller to hold onto the tool play with the shellac play with the jewel and worry about the flame. Electric heater would be so much nicer. So it's on my list of projects to do that aren't getting done very fast at all.

CombinationTool roller and pallet fork.jpg