Improvised work chamber.

I'm a little bit pushed for space in my workshop and whenever I've had to clean tools/parts indoors I've always ended up making a mess and giving myself a sore throat.

I've made a little work chamber out of a plastic container turned upside down with holes cut in the side. I'm also running an air purifier in the background to keep the air as free from particulates as possible.

So far so good!

IMG_20220130_153709.thumb.jpg.23728e3fee8967f806c606e100de3452.jpg

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Klassiker said:

Nice idea! What about about making another hole to attach your vacuum cleaner, to pull clean air in from the sides and take away the dust?

I think I have access to a Henry vacuum, maybe I could attach it somehow... I honestly don't have much room though. My 'workshop' is my old childhood bedroom, I have it rent free but it's kind of restricted. 

29 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Excellent idea.

Adding a digital microscope to zoom on the work piece will makes this perfect, ideal. 

Regs 

There's one in the background that I've set up for the lathe. The plastic isn't very clear so I pull the work out to check. I've only cleaned 6 collets so far and there's quite a bit residue in the box already. Better than ending up in my lungs! 

3 hours ago, Plato said:

There's one in the background that I've set up for the lathe. The plastic isn't very clear so I pull the work out to check. I've only cleaned 6 collets so far and there's quite a bit residue in the box already. Better than ending up in my lungs! 

I think one can actually do dis & re assembly under this plastic compartment , if you get used to it, parts that ping off wont leave the bench, a digi microscope that produces clear picture on the screen lets you have a comfortable posture.  No need to bend over the work piece then.

55 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

I think one can actually do dis & re assembly under this plastic compartment , if you get used to it, parts that ping off wont leave the bench, a digi microscope that produces clear picture on the screen lets you have a comfortable posture.  No need to bend over the work piece then.

Maybe if it was crystal clear glass rather than plastic? I have another workbench for working on my watches 3ft and 90deg away from the one pictured.