Fake watches recognition?

This brings up an interesting question I had: are there very many online authentication resources, outside of some we mention regularly such as Ranfft's, which can assist in verifying whether a watch is genuine?  A site which documents certain features and markers which the genuine-brand watch would have, and maybe even displays photos of known fakes, could be immensely helpful to us.
If nothing like that exists yet, perhaps we could start a thread on this forum documenting fakes we've encountered, so that other members can refer to it and be aware.  A sort of "caveat emptor" post, if you will.
If I had been thinking about this back then, I would have taken photos: I worked on a Rolex that was a known fake, and not long afterward I got to work on a real Rolex that was practically a dead ringer for the fake until you started looking closer or looked inside (real one required the special case opener, and removing the bracelet revealed the numbers, and the movement was blatantly cheap and unmarked, etc.).  I've also worked on a fake Tag, then recently a real Tag.  I've worked on what I presume was a genuine Movado, and the overall feel of quality was such that I never thought to question it.  But I've heard that some fakes can be so well done as to be very deceiving.  
What are your thoughts, fellow members?  Should we start a thread documenting the fakes we encounter?  And include pictures of genuine articles when possible?

EDIT: this was originally posted in a thread regarding a Movado, wherein its authenticity was questioned.  But I am glad someone separated it out, and started this thread.  I am grateful for Nucejoe's reference to the replica-watches forum.  That will be a handy resource.  Still, feel free to post other references or personal encounters here too.  I'm sure there's plenty to learn from.

Edited by KarlvonKoln