Is this Arthur Daily on ebay?

Yes, nothing there.

Talking of "Ebay," I used to get watches from there.

Non runners, usually, and quite reasonably priced.

All that has long since changed, because the sellers on there are now SO GREEDY.

People are asking exorbitant amounts of money for their old tat.

Nothing to do with watches, but one car repairer (On a popular YouTube follow up) needed a couple of sills to repair a car.

He actually got them FAR cheaper from a main dealer than what sellers' on Ebay

were asking for.

(Yes, cheaper from a main dealer.....................unbelievable!)

My watch repair tools etc, seem to be gathering dust because there just isn't anything available for them to do.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Add to that the stupid prices people seem to prepared to pay for a broken watch often makes eBay a non starter these days, don't know if the modern trend of YouTube fixers earning a fortune being able to silly money for broken stuff for their videos, just look at what my mate Vince spends on tat and junk for his fix it videos, which sometimes include watches. Even some well known parts sellers are asking prices that are quite difficult to fathom, one well known seller for example will sell a balance for a Seiko 7009 for Β£15 to Β£20, but he will also sell a complete 7009 movement for the same, giving you the balance plus lots of spares of the rest of the parts.

Plus the other problem with buying on eBay is you never really know how honest the watch really is, I have had quite a few that were sold as single owner that turned out to be put together from a number of different movements or clearly had a long history of being abused by someone who knows less than I do about watch repairs and I know next to nothing.