Suizex Skin Diver

Hi All,

Im relatively new at this and have been playing about with random junker watches over lock down and enjoying the hobby.

I wanted a vintage divers watch to add to my growing collection and found this item on Ebay. It was a bit of a mess on the outside but but inside was a nice ETA 25 jewel 2452 with a bit of service history etched on the backplate. The stem was broken, the crystal was shot and the rotating bezel was cemented with what I can only guess was wrist-cheese. It also looked as if a metal, expanding bracelet had been fitted in the past and had worn grooves on the inside lug faces. The surface of the case was brushed but covered in scratches.

I know ppl frown upon case polishing but this watch was going to be mine and I like shiny watches so removed the stem tube and polished it up. The dial was almost immaculate - I wanted to relume the  markers but the numbers were printed on top of the lume so I left them alone. The lume on the hands was starting to disintegrate so I figured I would have a go at reluming those (my first attempt at reluming - not totally happy with the result). Ultimately I want to replace the bezel but Im finding it harder than I thought to find one the right size that isnt going to cost more than the watch itself!

After movement cleaning I got a nice line with an amplitude of about 280 but a beat error of 1.0 which needs looking in to... 

Anyway I hope you like the pics!

suizex-before.jpeg

suizex-after.jpg

suizex-side.jpg

suizex-movement-small.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...