New Member Saying Hi From Leeds

Hi,

I'm a new member who has had a long standing interest in watches for many years starting with the very first watch I owned at the age of five a Timex Snoopy watch given to me by uncle, which I still have. Since then I have owned hundreds of watches.

I have always toyed with the idea of having a go at servicing my own watches I have a under used attic I would love to use as a workshop, much of what I buy now from various sources, car boots and charity shops being a favourite hobby of mine are simply not worth spending money on with servicing cost being so high, so I would love to be able to service the many Avia, Rotary, and sekonda watches I come across. Below are some of the watches I currently own.

watches_zpsvjdtsghp.jpg

I have a wide taste in watches and buy both quartz and mechanical watches, I collect on a small budget so don't have much in the way of exotica, I get as much joy out of owning a Sekonda as owning a Omega. My newest editions to the collection are a Marvin hermetic from 1926 and a 1965 Breitling Lip Navitimer.

I currently use a very competent repairer who does all my chronograph watches, but he's so busy anything I hand him I usually have to wait three months before I get it back.

I hope to pick up enough knowledge to pluck up enough courage to have a go myself soon, I have greatly enjoyed viewing Marks you tube vids so was delighted when I found this forum.

Wayne

• Like 1

A warm welcome to the forum Wayne. That's some collection you have there, no wonder you want to learn how to service them. There are plenty folk similar to yourself on here, and they will be more than happy to help you out when required.

If you have not already done so, check out Mark's videos on watch repair. https://m.youtube.com/user/jewldood

Hey Wayne, as Constable once said! :-)

That's quite a collection. I'm a fan of the pocket-money end of the market too but there are some interesting and attractive watches out there to be had.

I've learned a good deal from watching Mark's videos and reading the posts on here but I'm still a rank beginner. All it takes though is time, a steady pair of hands and loads of practice!

If you want help and advice you've come to the right place. This forum is second to none!

John

• Like 1