Hi There.
I recently bought an Elma Super Elite cleaning machine and need to replace the old metal holder with the new, blue plastic version. The problem is that the old are stuck to the metal rod. When I spin it, the holder turns freely, but when I try to pull it from the shaft it does not budge. I was therefore wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what to do. 

elma 1.jpg

elma 2.jpg

elma 3.jpg

elma 4.jpg

Hi there, not a straight fit here is what to do from SSsteel watch repairs https://ssteelwatchrepairs.wordpress.com/page/2/

If you fit plastic holder on the elma elite be careful with heat chamber as it can cause the plastic to melt. This can be avoided by turning off the heater just before you place baskets into the chamber. 

Graziano 

• 1 month later...

Hi.. Mine was an interference fit and I needed to break any slight rust that had bound the two together.  I used a steel rod through the shaft and holding it still, turned the basket mount.  Luckily it wasn't too tight and released without too much force.  My next step would have been to heat the basket mount near the shaft but, as it turned out, it wasn't necessary.  Good luck