Hello, From New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, I have a few watches that I have to get in workin order then I will post some pictures for all to see. I do not have much experience with mechanical watches, however I am very interested and have started buying tools and currently I am finishing off my watchmakers desk. About two months ago I applied for an internship position at a local watch service center. They called me this week and I am due to start on Monday. For right now I will be working on quartz watches, but I will be getting training from the current watchmakers. I got a tour of the facility when I went for my interview a few weeks back, and they gave me a few watches to change batteries, remove links etc. If anyone has any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm jealous jamez361,

I work in a jewelry store where they trained me on the job.

I was retired from an R & D facility and went to work part time.

The owner is very knowledgeable but the deepest I can go is to change movements.

I checked out books from the library to try to learn more.

I wish I knew about what this profession involved when I was younger.

I find this field fascinating. I've heard it called mechanical art, and it is.

Good luck on your new career.

Dave

Thanks, I am looking forward to this new endeavor and will post regualrly on my progress. By the way, I am woking on a microphone for the Watch-O-Scope software. When I am done I will compare next to one of the swiss made units at work, if anyone is interested.