Crystal for omega 2606 and 2471

Hello everyone,

I am looking for the reference of a crystal for the above omega watches.

On ofrei and julesborel I can only find for 2486 but not for the indicated 2606 and 2471.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=OME_CS^2486

https://boley.de/en/case-parts/omega/4525.2486?p=91&s=50

Thank you very much for your support!

Out of curiosity on the Omega watch site I have below with that correspond to your watches? The problem is their old and old watches are much harder to find parts for. If they Were not extremely popular you probably won't even find a parts listing. There are genetic catalogs that list Omega replacement crystals you might find one there.

One of the problems with the Omega case numbers are the case themselves could've been made in a variety of materials. If the crystal has a metal ring inside it would normally correspond to the color of the case. So if you had a gold colored case you haven't gold colored ring. Stainless steel would have a white ring or silver color. If you have the old crystal you should feel the swap the ring as often times that ring holds the movement in place.

Then I'm guessing these cases probably don't have a metal ring which means in a round generic watch crystal of the right size and height should fit. Then I did find numbers for you just make sure the dimensions look right and a lot of luck finding those crystals.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-cosmic-omega-ko-2606

062PN0316  D31.60 H3.00

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-cosmic-omega-ck-2471

062PN1058 D32.4 H3.7

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for your support John.

In fact those are the two watches which you highlighted and I think it is possible they have this dimensions.

As the one for 2486 (which has slightly bigger dial)  is:

D 33,15 mm, H 2,8

If my "hunt" on the original ones is not successful maybe I go for Sternkreuz.

25 minutes ago, Redondo said:

f my "hunt" on the original ones is not successful maybe I go for Sternkreuz

If they don't have the metal ring like some of them do then definitely go for another crystal unless somebody on the group has experienced objects. Because getting an original Omega crystal is going to be hard and it's going to be expensive.

47 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Do you have the reference including tension ring?

Should be starting with PX for the silver on the 2471 - PX1058

And PZ for the gold on the 2606 - PZ0316

Can u confirm?

I gave you the reference numbers that I found up above but I'm quoting down below what I gave you. Notice there's a zero reference to the tension ring color?

Have you physically looked at your crystals to see if they actually have tension ring's? Then I doubt you're going to find those part numbers because the source that I'm looking at comes up with zero for both numbers. But if I search for the number I have dropping off so my number looks more like yours it just as the PN and the number it comes up as a crystal. Which makes me suspect that your numbers are made up numbers are not real at all I would be curious as to where they came from? But the best way to answer the question is look at the crystal itself taken out what is it look like does it have a tension ring if it does then my source is wrong.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:20 AM, JohnR725 said:

062PN0316  D31.60 H3.00

On 1/9/2022 at 3:20 AM, JohnR725 said:

062PN1058 D32.4 H3.7

Was assuming they also have as for the 2486 

According to 

They both have a ring.

And the watches are all pretty similar - picture from another forum (seems to be a lucky guy) not mine

2471 - 2486 - 2606Screenshot_2022-01-10-21-02-16-42_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.thumb.jpg.6f747672d5fcdcb4437a86819109d526.jpg

Edited by Redondo

19 minutes ago, Redondo said:

According to 

They both have a ring.

And the watches are all pretty similar - picture from another forum (seems to be a lucky guy) not mine

To be honest I'm really confused in the title you claim your watches are 2606 and 2471? But now apparently we need a crystal four 2486 because they're identical to both of yours they are the same or it's a third watch what we talking about here anyway?

20 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Oh by the way I really like the word assuming?

So I'm going to assume they'd need a crystal for 2486 and let's see what my crappy source reveals? Apparently the case by that number comes in three different materials Yellow gold plated, 18 karat gold and stainless steel All three have the same movement 381. Then the crystal it's listing is 062PN0333     D33.35 H3.40. Doesn't look like it has a ring?

It looks like my sources unreliable so You're on your own for your crystal numbers. Although I would check your watch to see if it has a tension ring or not?

Don't get me wrong as I appreciate your support very much ..

I brought the 2486 into game as this is the only one on Jules borel / Boley and indicating it comes with a ring (coloured silver or gold) - this is the only source I am aware of which indicates sth for the 2486 (but nothing for the requested 2471&2606).

Was just asking if it comes with a ring or not, was not offending you just wanted to make sure there was nothing missed out.

I cannot reply on to check whether there is a ring or not as the crystal from the 2471 is not an original one and it is not removeable as of now. Or how can I check whether it has a ring or not w/o removing the crystal.

I will keep my eyes open for finding the indicated reference numbers you provided and then take a step forward.

Edited by Redondo

Well it should do some research but the crystals that have a metal tension ring do not interchange with normal crystals. The word normal Crystal isn't even a proper term the non-tension ring round crystals. They tend to fit in the case differently the tension ring pushes in with a lot of friction the other one goes in a little differently there shaped differently. So in general they don't interchange a tension ring crystals never going to hold in a case that wasn't designed for it.

Okay let's use the example of the 2486 again Both of your sites indicate this is the crystal PZ5000. Then the other site indicates that the discontinued and it's really this PZ5140. So both nomad tension rings both of them have numbers let's see what happens if I go to my site which isn't my personal site I does have access to it.

Let's start off with this crystal PZ5140 Which is supposed to go into this case 2486. The crystal number comes up listed three separate times I'm copying and pasting the information for all three below. The site also offers me the opportunity to find out which watch this Crystal goes in and that's weird two pages of various cases and that case number I just get a paid search doesn't come up and I did make sure my page search works by searching for something on the page so according to my site that Crystal does not go in that case?

The other thing you'll notice below is eyeglass? The first one doesn't have it the second And third do.

GLASS PLEXI ST RING D29.62 H4.7
REF :
063PZ5140
063 DIAMETER D1 :
29.62 MM
063 EYEGLASS :
WIHTOUT
063 HEIGHT TOTAL H1 :
4.70 MM
063 PROFILE :
CONCAVE
063 SHAPE :
ROUND
063 TYPE :
ETANCHE

GLASS PLEXI ST RING
REF :
063PZ5140LC
063 DIAMETER D1 :
29.62 MM
063 EYEGLASS :
WITH
063 HEIGHT TOTAL H1 :
4.70 MM
063 PROFILE :
CONCAVE
063 SHAPE :
ROUND
063 TYPE :
ETANCHE

GLASS PLEXI ST RING
REF :
063PZ5140LR
063 DIAMETER D1 :
29.62 MM
063 EYEGLASS :
WITH
063 HEIGHT TOTAL H1 :
4.70 MM
063 PROFILE :
CONCAVE
063 SHAPE :
ROUND
063 TYPE :
ETANCHE

Okay let's look at Crystal number and see what it comes up as PZ5000 Then the nice furniture of my browser is all just keep the same case number will see if it matches that case

Things get interesting in that it comes up is two separate crystals one of which has a price and the other is price on demand which probably means it's discontinued and you have to order direct and ask for the price. Then this crystal was more popular it goes in three pages of cases none of which match your case or none of which match 2486.

GLASS PLEXI ST RING D29.62 H4.3
REF :
063PZ5000
063 DIAMETER D1 :
29.62 MM
063 EYEGLASS :
WIHTOUT
063 HEIGHT TOTAL H1 :
4.30 MM
063 PROFILE :
CONCAVE
063 SHAPE :
ROUND
063 TYPE :
ETANCHE
DIAM OF THE GLASS SEATING D2 :
29.50 MM

GLASS PLEXI ST RING D29.62 H4.3
REF :
063PZ5000L
063 DIAMETER D1 :
29.62 MM
063 HEIGHT TOTAL H1 :
4.30 MM
Sold Coeff Unit :

Who knows maybe I screwed up let's look up this case TNN and see what we get 2606. Notice it comes with what kind of a ring? It comes with an invisible ring or because it doesn't specify am assuming it comes with zero ring.

GLASS PLEXI D31.60 H3.00
REF :
062PN0316
063 DIAMETER D1 :
31.60 MM
063 EYEGLASS :
WIHTOUT
063 HEIGHT TOTAL H1 :
3.00 MM
063 PROFILE :
CONCAVE
063 SHAPE :
ROUND
DIAM OF THE GLASS SEATING D2 :
31.20 MM
Sold Coeff Unit :

So basically I don't know what to tell you if you like I can modify the numbers to have a ring but isn't that what you did already?

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Should be starting with PX for the silver on the 2471 - PX1058

And PZ for the gold on the 2606 - PZ0316

Okay let's look at your part numbers Both numbers are interesting they come up with this I wonder what it means?

No result found

52 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Was just asking if it comes with a ring or not, was not offending you just wanted to make sure there was nothing missed out.

I cannot reply on to check whether there is a ring or not as the crystal from the 2471 is not an original one and it is not removeable as of now. Or how can I check whether it has a ring or not w/o removing the crystal.

The best things still to do would be to take the crystal outs look at it and see what's in there and look at the edge of the case as to what kind of Crystal should go in there. Because I keep coming up with the same thing no ring none.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 11/11/2022 at 7:01 AM, Redondo said:

Whats the part number for an Omega 2473

just as a reminder when asking for help you should give more information for Omega lookups. Like what caliber is in the case and the color of or whatever the material else is currently I'm seeing several cases that all have the same movement and in some dials and don't ask me why dials are on the list with an entirely different modern movement. It may be that when I do the surgeon says can contain that in the numbers so the others are probably it's buried in a number some place somewhere to go with the older movement

so all of these are using the 381 movements. They come in 14 karat gold, 18 karat gold, stainless steel and another 18 karat gold but that's because the first one is pink gold. and yes it's quite common with omega case numbers that it basically is a style of case and does not tell you the material so if they had a tension ring and I don't know if they do the same look that far yet but if they had a tension ring you would have to know the actual material if you want the right crystal but I can set I haven't looked far enough to see what it is yet

okay the first one on the list is 14 karat gold slats this one and then I'm going to look up the stainless steel because not going look at every single one of these

okay as you can see I listed the goal version of stainless steel version looks like both crystals or are identical sloughs no tension ring. Then yes the listing does come from Omega's is what Omega thinks goes in your case.

062PN1065 | GLASS PLEXI D31.9 H3.7

GLASS PLEXI D31.9 H3.7

REF :

062PN1065

063 DIAMETER D1 :

31.90 MM

063 EYEGLASS :

WIHTOUT

063 HEIGHT TOTAL H1 :

3.70 MM

063 PROFILE :

CONCAVE