Another New Member From Poland :)

Hello Everyone,

I just signed up yesterday, Ive been following Mark's videos on youtube for some time I find it bets ones Ive seen there, very informative.

I collect mostly South Bend watches (pocket watches made in US) but I also inherited some wrist watches - that's how it started :). Because I have let say "a few" of those pocket watches it would cost me a lot to clean and service them so, I started to learn how to do it myself. I can confess I killed my first watch (actually its hairspring... maybe I will manage to put it back to live someday, who knows) but now I can do better :). As many of you know, with this approach I had to start collecting tools as well. Both collections are growing and growing... I posted already my newest acquisition - Elma Super Automatic - it has been cleaned and oiled, and I did a test run yesterday, all seems to be ok. I still don't know what does this timer but I can use mine button to move process forward hehe. Since Ive got my stacking set I started use it more and more (now even for attaching hands...) Anyway, to cut long story short, if does anyone know good reason to give wife that all this mess have to be in our living room, I will appreciate a lot... btw. I used to live in UK for few years - Black Country :)

Rafal

Rafal welcome to the forum. You need a dedicated room or corner of a room to work on your watches/clocks. I converted a small bedroom some use a converted loft etc but without your own space it will be difficult and parts will go missing. It can be a very rewarding & relaxing hobby & sometimes you can make some money from it too. Many enthusiasts,professionals are members of this forum so lots of advice on repairs, methods, identifications etc,etc are here for you to use so visit often and enjoy.

A warm welcome to the forum from Scotland. Thank you for the informative introduction, as it gives people an insight into the type and level of horology your interested in. I'm sure you will enjoy being part of this friendly forum, and I look forward to reading about your future horological exploits. :)

Welcome Rafal. Glad to have you aboard. Tell your Wife that watches and tools are not replaceable but women are! ..... I said that to mine 10 years ago................... I wonder if she will ever come back! :huh:

Dzień dobry Rafal and welcome from Legnica.

Glad to have another person from Poland....... Workshop..... yes you will need a small room for all your work, try to keep it dust free.
Where in Poland are you?
Dave

Dzień dobry Rafał .Witam z Legnicy.

Cieszę się, że mam kogos z Polski ....... .....  warsztat...tak musisz miec mały pokój do twojej pracy, staraj się zachować czystosc....bez kurzu .
W jakim miejscu Polski sie znajdujesz?
Dave

Thanks all for warm welcome.

@Dave - Im from Wroclaw so not so far from you :)

I do have a small place for my watch stuff but its not what I need at all... I have some plans to change that, so who knows maybe in 2 years I will get my own little workshop.

btw. I completly forgot about this as its not arrived yet - Im waiting for jacot tool... and guess what? no bow... but it seems to have burnisher in the box, we will see, I paid about 40 quid for it so Im ok that there is no bow :)

• Like 1