Just an idea I had:

I had a clever idea, but I honestly have no idea how difficult it would be to implement.  I know we have members all over the world, and thus they are active on this forum at different times of the day, in part due to the time zone in which they reside.  It may help some of us to interact with others better if we could know what time of day it is in the member's home city.  Could their home time be made to appear below the member's icon (the little circle with their first initial, which appears next to all their posts)?  It would aid in telling those who wish to interact, or even direct-message with other members, whether it is 3:00 in the morning where that other person is, and they are in bed.  Or whether it is 12:00 noon, and that other person may be at lunch.  Perhaps using 24-hour military time is most applicable here.  Time is so much a part of our lives that this little addition would seem a very courteous benefit.  And if any forum should have such a thing, I think it should be ours.  Is such an addition a possibility? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KarlvonKoln said:

It may help some of us to interact with others better if we could know what time of day it is in the member's home city.

It would be nice if we just knew the home country of where people were as answers can change depending upon your country. Like when you're looking for material the resources available in different countries very.

2 hours ago, KarlvonKoln said:

whether it is 3:00 in the morning where that other person is, and they are in bed.  Or whether it is 12:00 noon, and that other person may be at lunch.

The only problem with the time schedule is it assumes that the person is maintaining something resembling a normal time schedule and not hopelessly out of sync with the world like some of us are. So for instance at 3 AM I'm unfortunately typically awake. Then I was really happy I slept in past 12 Today as it was nice and quiet out there.

• Like 2