Pocket Watch

Hi, like to put this one to all. I have striped cleaned and put back all parts up to the balance. Checked the piviots on the balance, connected the hair spring, fitted the roller and when fitted into the movement, I can not get it to swing.

Fitted the balance without any parts, put the bridge back and balance spins well. As soon as the roller is fitted and put back into the watch, nothing. Yes I have wound the watch, hair spring is in good order.

The only thing I can think of is there might be a problem with the roller.

Any ideas???????

post-984-0-28733800-1430654006_thumb.jpg

post-984-0-24006800-1430654022_thumb.jpg

post-984-0-02863300-1430654031_thumb.jpg

post-984-0-57868400-1430654045_thumb.jpg

It might be the safety roller is in the wrong position. When the watch is static i.e. no power and the balance has settled the roller jewel should visually be centred in between the banking pins

With the lever removed does the train run freely when some power is applied?   

With the balance removed and some power on the mainspring does the lever snap smartly to the the banking pins when moved with a piece of pegwood? 

Hi autowind, thanks for info. The answer to your questions is yes the train runs very smooth and when the balance is removed and a little power supplyed  the pallet does move left and right and the escape wheel moved round. :jig:  I am having second thought about this, I think it might be down to the hairspring catching some where. any thoughts?

Dave