Nomos 5500

Here is a longshot. I took in a Glashutte with a C5500 movement for cleaning, before realizing that it needs a new date disk. Anyone know anywhere to purchase this part, or any parts for Nomos? The usual suspects (Cousins, Ofrei, etc.) don't seem to carry parts for them. I realize this is a shot in the dark, but I thought I would ask anyway. Thanks in advance for any help.

Not sure what a Nomos C5500 is, but they are pretty good about making parts available to independent watchmakers and their in-house service and repair is in my experience reasonable too. If your watchmaker is cleaning the movement, he should be able to order and replace the date disc at the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klassiker said:

If your watchmaker is cleaning the movement, he should be able to order and replace the date disc at the same time.

The OP is the watchmaker. Smart decision by an independent maker to supply (at least) professionals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thats great information guys, thank you. I will try to contact Nomos directly and report back. That would be absolutely amazing if they would be willing to sell parts directly.

Here is a shot of the movement if anyone is curious. IMG_2194.thumb.jpg.755a04a2b633510a45b1efd713a41420.jpg

Edited by watchfellow