Prototypes

On 12/3/2021 at 7:10 AM, Angrybear said:

As I get older 44mm feels just too large! 

I have some giant watches that I never wear. The worst offender is 44mm and 15mm thick. The only reason I keep it is that I helped create the dial.

The largest I feel comfortable with is 40mm, and it's very easy for me to get used to much smaller mid century watches. 

On 12/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, dadistic said:

I have some giant watches that I never wear. The worst offender is 44mm and 15mm thick. The only reason I keep it is that I helped create the dial.

The largest I feel comfortable with is 40mm, and it's very easy for me to get used to much smaller mid century watches. 

All watches I own over 40mm are currently gathering dust. I have some lovely Panerais and a Planet ocean XL that I really need to get rid of. I can’t see myself ever wearing them again. I only tend to wear my homemade watches these days. I’m quite a big chap, but my favourite is 35mm. Everyone laughs at it, but I love it. 

FFA041BD-0EE7-4840-8B92-27237BA58C9D.jpeg

• Like 3

My partner showed an interest in my watches for the first time recently. She really liked the military inspired one, and requested one for Christmas. So I made here a more feminine version of the dial (is that sexist? If it is and offends anyone please let me know and I’ll retract it!). 
Not sure she likes mother of Pearl, but that’s what she is getting! A6A4DD99-2467-42BE-8602-B6E6A45936E5.thumb.jpeg.8c0821e63ecc8a9bd23e68adb280f2e1.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Photos of an almost finished watch. I love the way the light reflects off the dial markings (sterling silver). But I really don't like the case. Ive decided 44mm is just too big for me, and I hate the crown. I have ordered the 40mm case from Japan which should arrive mid January. Ill post photos of the watch once it has been re-cased.

Hi   What are the hands made of ? looks like a matt material on the photos.  I think the jury is out on the size of the hour hand. My own preference would for it to be a bit slimmer as it seems to take the eye away from the watch its self which looks good.. My own opinion entirely.  The Mother of pearl dial feminine or not is a smart addition.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You are of course completely right watchweasol, the hands are pretty hideous! The plan was to make my own hands from scratch, but its another project I haven't got round to yet. Im not sure what the hands are made of. They are bay specials, so probably the cheapest stamped brass with some sort of plating. They feel like they are made from aluminium foil to be honest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/12/2021 at 11:54 PM, Angrybear said:

Shiny new dial waiting to be fitted to its shiny new sellita sw200. I know the sw200 has a date complication, but it makes more sense for me to buy these as I can use them in projects with date windows if necessary. 

6E8B6B90-7288-4D57-B797-18F2608D2A15.jpeg

This dial is just a killer, really!!!

I would definitely wear it, a big congrat to you!

• Like 1