Help with a seiko KINETIC 5M22-7B40

hey everyone! im new here!
I need some help from you guys, im trying to rebuild my dads first watch. Its a seiko kinetic 5M22-7B40, obviously the movement is rusty like all 5M22-A i know... i have a new 5M65 moviment, wshich look like it will fit, but not sure. Anyway, did you guys know if it is possiblie to rebuild a rusty 5M22 using parts from a 5M65?
Or someone have a diferent ideia? 
im in mission to rebuild this watch, so any help is apreciated!!!
thanks to everyone!!!

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

38 minutes ago, JOAOmaltez said:

I have a new 5M65 moviment, wshich look like it will fit, but not sure. 

Just try it, as long it fits it will be good to go. Possibly one of our fellow members will provide you with the relevant technical sheet, these are more useful at the more advanced stage of taking apart movements and putting them back together in a better state. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, watchweasol said:

The first thing to do is to check out with the Dr Ranfft database the characteristics of both watches regarding exchaning and measure the dimentions of both movements. 

Ranfft has about zero information when it comes to non-Swiss and non-mechanical calibers. But a lot of information is available online anyway, just search and read, again and again. 

• Like 1

Thanks so much to everyone! so far, i found out that 5M65 has 4.5mm hight, being the 5M22 4.3mm... 
I will maybe trying to build something out of this two!! 
Its impressive how little information are about this watches and particular the 5M22-7B40.

I will continue to update you guys!
thanks again!
*if there is new ideas, pls share!

Best regards! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JOAOmaltez said:

Does anyone have a technical sheet for a 5M42 A?

Have you checked on the website (thewatchsite.com) that watchweasol indicate before? There is a topic dedicated to a large collection of service sheets. 

In general, when it comes to watch documents and parts, if something is not found by a google search, it is not available at all. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...