What watch is this??

Well… I think I can confirm the movement is a Standard FHF/ST 96 that were mass produced in the 1960’s, though in your case I’d say from the style it’s more likely to be from the 1970’s. However, without any branding on the dial, (which may have been rubbed off) it would be almost impossible to tell. You could try eBay by searching by photo to get you closer. Then again, I don’t know if there may have been some independent watchmakers that may have made an unbranded watch (just as I have more recently). Hope that helps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AdamC said:

Well… I think I can confirm the movement is a Standard FHF/ST 96 that were mass produced in the 1960’s, though in your case I’d say from the style it’s more likely to be from the 1970’s. However, without any branding on the dial, (which may have been rubbed off) it would be almost impossible to tell. You could try eBay by searching by photo to get you closer. Then again, I don’t know if there may have been some independent watchmakers that may have made an unbranded watch (just as I have more recently). Hope that helps?

Cheers adam tbh it keeps very good time and i like the look so  it dosnt bother me but would of lol3d to matbe put a name to it thanks again 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Many Swiss brands used FHF ST96 and signed the crown/ mainplate.

ST96 is currently made in INDIA,  the famous franken Mumby special.

Regs

Just told adam its ok by me what it is keeps good time and i like the look ...would of been nice to put a name to it .itbhas alot of sevice marks so its been looked after but thanks for coment 

5 hours ago, Slinky said:

Just told adam its ok by me what it is keeps good time and i like the look ...would of been nice to put a name to it .itbhas alot of sevice marks so its been looked after but thanks for 

Oh ST96 is a work horse, judging by just the looks Indian made hairspring  seem modern compared to old Swiss ones and are easier to work on. Taken good care of and serviced regularely, this piece last a lifetime, good thing about it is that parts to it are abundently availbale. 

I must have about 20 ST 96 movements and watches powered by it in my collection, plan to start selling them.

I am not sure if only one grade ST96 were made, you see them with variaty of shock systems though.

Enjoy your watch.

Regs Joe

• Like 1

Thanks joe seems to run with no issues and be wearing it for a few years hopfully its amazing to how all the people know so much about movments parts ect on this forum and thanks for comments i know little to nothing so helps a great deal thank you

• Like 1