Bulova accutron eta251.262 date change issue

Rishah

Hi I have a Bulova accutron with swiss eta 252.262 movement. The watch is having an issue with the date change function, when I rotate the crown for date change it instead moves the hour hand and not the date wheel. I can continue moving the hour hand twice around and date does changes . The date is changing every 24 hrs .

Any advise how to fix this issue ?

IMG_20211015_152923.jpg

IMG_20211015_152854.jpg

Hi, bit of a vague answer but... I'm not too familiar with this movement but sometimes on a movement (Especially older ones) you have to turn the main hands past the point were the date changes, wind it back to about 9 o'clock then wind it forward again and repeat. until the date is correct (Really annoying when you miss it). You can tell if this is the case because when you wind it back the date will not go back to the previous date. Other watches you actually push the crown in and the date will click round with each push. The final one is that you are missing the first click of the crown. The final click is usually the one that moves the hands. You could try pulling the crown a little softer to see how many clicks there are. If you can adjust the date with the crown please make sure the time is before 9 O'clock as the mechanism which adjust the date normally (by the time just moving forward), will have already engaged and it may damage it.
Hope this helps

Hi, bit of a vague answer but... I'm not too familiar with this movement but sometimes on a movement (Especially older ones) you have to turn the main hands past the point were the date changes, wind it back to about 9 o'clock then wind it forward again and repeat. until the date is correct (Really annoying when you miss it). You can tell if this is the case because when you wind it back the date will not go back to the previous date. Other watches you actually push the crown in and the date will click round with each push. The final one is that you are missing the first click of the crown. The final click is usually the one that moves the hands. You could try pulling the crown a little softer to see how many clicks there are. If you can adjust the date with the crown please make sure the time is before 9 O'clock as the mechanism which adjust the date normally (by the time just moving forward), will have already engaged and it may damage it.
Hope this helps

Forgot to add that if you do find it is the first of the two clicks to alter the date (Quick set function) on some watches it will only work in one direction of turning to advance only.

Failing all this it may have an actual mechanical issue (Doh!!) 🙂 

8 hours ago, Rishah said:

@Deomandinka thanks for responding. It is actually the first click. The click is pretty absolute. I tried moving the main hands back and forth at date change point didnt help. Here is a link to a quick video I made to show what's happening if I am trying to change the date 

LOL, there is no quick set on these watches. It is changed with the "Time Zone" i.e the hour changer.

Here is the manual for you

https://content.abt.com/documents/36109/Swiss_Army_Chrono_Instructions.pdf

Enjoy 🙂

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rishah said:

It is actually the first click. The click is pretty absolute. I tried moving the main hands back and forth at date change point didnt help. Here is a link to a quick video I made to show what's happening if I am trying to change the date 

That's how it's supposed to work. My Tag changes date in exactly the same way. The hour hand is moving separately from the rest of the movement which allows it to keep time whilst changing the hour or date. 

• Thanks 1