Antima sport question.

Watchup

I have a question regarding this watch that lacks a crown and it also seems as if the movement is a bit loose inside the case.
Do you know if it should be a spacer in the form of a ring with threads or is it held in place only with the crown stem?

antima sport ur.jpg

Hi without pictures of the movement as it lies in the case it is difficult imagine,  it is not wise to assume anything . we also would like to know the make of the movement and its caliber number ( located on the top plate , rotor or under the balance wheel).   Armed with this information forum members will be able to help.

The case diameter is big, so there must be some sort of spacer to keep the movement stay put. Usually its a spring or a dust cover that not only keeps the movement centered, but secures it vertically.

As said a pic of other side with the back removed helps. 

8 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

yup, the movement is held in place once you install the stem and crown. 

Regs

When I shake the watch up and down, I can hear the movement moves inside the case. Are you sure that it´s as it should be? And as you can see on the last picture, there is threads inside the case, so that was the reason why I thought there should be a threaded ring there in order to keep the movement down.

Edited by Watchup

I would hazzard a guess that the treads are for the case back and also that there is a movement ring missing that holds the movement in place when the back is screwed on.  Do you have the make and caliber number so we may be able to find a sheet or other tech information regards this watch.

1 hour ago, watchweasol said:

I would hazzard a guess that the treads are for the case back and also that there is a movement ring missing that holds the movement in place when the back is screwed on.  Do you have the make and caliber number so we may be able to find a sheet or other tech information regards this watch.

It´s an  eta 2784 movement. I´ve heard from other that this case also is same case as  both the Tag Heuer and Candino use.

A metal ring around the movement which runs over the stem ( 2nd pic) is in place.

One of the two large screws which fastens the movement to the ring, might be loose or missing. The large screw right in front where the crown attaches, is in place ( 2nd pic) 

1 minute ago, Nucejoe said:

A metal ring around the movement which runs over the stem ( 2nd pic) is in place.

One of the two large screws which fastens the movement to the ring, might be loose or missing. The large screw right in front where the crown attaches, is in place ( 2nd pic) 

There isn´t any extra ring, it´s all in one piece and I´ve found that it right that the threads is for the lid so maybe it´s just missing a thin "gasket" in order to keep it steady.

Another problem is that it also miss the threaded neck and a threaded crown wit stem. Anyone here who know where I can buy these parts on the web?

4 minutes ago, Watchup said:

There isn´t any extra ring, 

Yes there is. it has covered the stem slot.

Stem is suppose be at 3 Oclock, its at 4 in the pic and you can see the ring coverring over the stem slot.

A rubber ring also drops in the groove in bezel, but thats to watertight the back plate.

2 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Two 1.5 cm  slots cut in the ring. insert a screw driver into the slot of the ring, widen the gap a bit, you are adjusting for the height.   this would compensate for the slack.

OK. I understand. Thanks for the tip.