Slinky

Slinky

hi just very new to all this tbh and never used this forum or any for that matter so im a newbie and don't know much at all.

i have watched the youtube vids on watch repairs and find them fascinating so ive got and old swiss emperor watch self winding and the second hand sticks between the hour mark and the 1 .anyway i thought ill give it a go see if i can open it up which was fine......but heres my problem at the first step.i cant see how to take the crown and stem out it dosnt seem.to have a button or screw to either push or unscrew so im stumped at the first hurdle and you tube not helping so i thought id give you guys a shout sorry but i am veey new to all of this 

Hello and welcome to the forum.   As Gary said pictures are a must along with a description on the problem and or the caliber number and maker.  usually found under the balance, on the back plate or rotor. then you will get as much help as you need.  As you are new to watches the attached will enlighten you somewhat, with names of parts and where they go.

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf

2 hours ago, gary17 said:

Hi

And welcome to this friendly forum.

It helps if you can put pictures of the problem up.

cheers

gary

Cheers gary im.struggling to navigate this forum haha but ill.find out how to.send pics and load them on here be somethingreally easy i know but i dont want to do any damage to the watch 

4 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hello and welcome to the forum.   As Gary said pictures are a must along with a description on the problem and or the caliber number and maker.  usually found under the balance, on the back plate or rotor. then you will get as much help as you need.  As you are new to watches the attached will enlighten you somewhat, with names of parts and where they go.

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf 4.2 MB · 1 download

Thank you so much i need all the help i can get haha youll get sick of me but thank you so much 

7 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi try the button just below the stem. Press this and pull the stem at the same time. keep us informed. Have you located the makers mark and caliber 

Not yet might give it a go tonight tbh i think i need some better tools as o ly git a few so might wait till i buy some so not damage anything cheers for reply 

Well ladies and gentlemen tools came and had my first distaster and made a pigs ear of trying to set hands lesson learnt so.im.goi g to take alot more time goi g about things more info and watching more youtube but ive got the bug hasnt put me off thanks for all the help on here really helps 

• 1 month later...