Thanks Rafal.

I have just found your reply. It seem there are lots of others as well. What a friendly bunch.

Good to meet you and I got the link this time, great. I messed up with the basket motor. As it had a 240Volt cable going into it, I tried it on the mains supply out of the machine only to get a loud bang. It's a 12vdc  motor under the cover on mine! I contacted Elma and they said it shouldn't have been but it looks original. They couldn't supply any paperwork. Do you have a wiring diagram for it at all?

It used to turn the basket OK and went up and down and round and round but is out of synch.

I will need to get the armature re-wound I think. 

I liked your pictures on the site but mine has slight differences. I have three discs where the small motor is. I now have no supply to the basket motor so plan to strip it down and see where that should come form. I think it's from the Siemens bridge rectifier at the back. The spring in the clock is bust as well so I need to work on that as well.

I will let you know how I got on.

is yours still working well and what kind of watches are you interested in?

Regards,

Tom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for that Bob

Here it is all cleaned up and on a test run Have to say when the timer alarm went off it made me jump lol

Wow!   What a bargain Andy, that looks like a quite expensive model too.

Posted Images

Hi Tom,

Mine machine is working fine but slightly out of sync (I still didnt figured out why as in the biggining it was completly fine, no issues), so I use manual overide button to move between cycles, its abit tricky as I have to watch metal disks which turns things on/off if not it will jump to another cycle (it cause a bit of an issue as it wont spin long enough to remove fluid between jars).

Regarding documentation - one Ive scanned for you was received from Elma after I contacted them, they told me that they dont have any shcemtics for this machines, I only got electronic schema for RM-90 if I recall correctly which is much more advanced and newer. Because machine is not working as I would like it, Im thinking to create a new electronic system for it based on arduino or something like that, Im not a programmer so it might be too diffcoult for me. If mainboard replacement for RM-90 would be cheaper I could use that for my machine - just got that idea  right now :). Still some parts are the same between those two machines - jars, possibly motors, heating plate etc.

Im mostly interested in American pocket watches, actually South Bend only :).

Regards, 

Rafal

Hi Rafal,

As I just bought a super automat as well it would be very helpful to have the manual. Can you please repost the Elma super automat manual.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Cornelis

Hi Rafal,

As I just bought a super automat as wel it would be very helpful to have the manual.

Would you please repost the elma super automat manual.

Thanks in advance

regards

Cornelis

My thanks to Rafal for the copy of the manual, which I am in the middle of translating using Google Translate. It should do complete pdf's but mine doesn't for some reason so I am doing it line by line.

If you read this Rafal, could you please tell me, if possible, the wiring positions of the three red wires on the back of the timer? When I took it off, it had two wires on one position and one on one of the others. The spring in mine was broken so I repaired that and, using an Ohmmeter, find it connects a+b when off and a+c when on. I took a picture on remove, but it got deleted in error so I am now not sure where the three red wires belong.

I also connected a 240V supply to the basket motor and fried it as it is a 12Volt motor but had a 240V wire going into the casing. Turns out there is a Siemens bridge rectifier in front of the clock timer.  Stupid of me not to check first so now need an armature rewind.

I am slowly getting the hang of finding my way round the site but I think I may have posted my messages in the wrong place.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi  Tom,

Im not sure if you can make use of this picture as from my experience those machines had different setups 🙂

It seems that this timer is not really seting time for spinning but opens circut to stop synchro motor from progressing program which is set with those bronze wheels when end switches opens and close on tooths. At least in mine. Only 2 screws have wires connected to them as far I can tell.

Rafal

IMG_20201010_174738.jpg

Edited by Rafal
  • jdm changed the title to Watch Cleaning Machine
  • jdm pinned this topic

Thanks for that Rafal.

This is how I have connected mine as well. The sheet you sent me , when translated, says to set the timer to one minute and it will raise the basket motor to the start position the when you press the start button, it will start the machine on its cycle. I can't get mine to do that though. Are you able to see where each of the red wires terminate?

I seem to have lost the feed to the basket motor, which did work, and I suspect it is soemthing to do with these red wires. I know one is the main supply from the connector block as the mains wire enters the machine but the other two, I can't see so I may have to completely strip it down. If I do, I will try and make a wiring diagram and send you a copy but, as you say, they are all slightly different. Mine has three wheels driven by the servo motor and only one at the other side, with the four segments, which I assume is for the four stages. I can drive it by lifting the contact on that wheel.

Thanks for the quick response to my question. Do you have any other literature on them? I am  keen to try it out.

Cheers,

Tom