Elma Watch Cleaning Machine

Sure, Andy, although I use a cheap ultrasonic machine, I understand it is all the same. I would recommend the L&R ultra thin and their rinse which has given me excellent results so far. Of course, others with the same type of machine as yours may have a better suggestion. You will end up with plenty of options I'm sure.

Cheers,

Bob

Sure, Andy, although I use a cheap ultrasonic machine, I understand it is all the same. I would recommend the L&R ultra thin and their rinse which has given me excellent results so far. Of course, others with the same type of machine as yours may have a better suggestion. You will end up with plenty of options I'm sure.

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks for that Bob

• Like 1

Good job, looks great. I don't know if you are aware but one tip I only picked up myself recently is that the first jar with the cleaning fluid needs to be spun not too fast. Apparently you need to avoid any bubbles/foam - I'm not entirely sure of the reason, but I read it in two different sources, one of which is advice on using cleaning machines in a book. Anyway I tried it (after having been spinning fast) and sure enough it did a better job. Apologies if you already knew this.

Stephen

Good job, looks great. I don't know if you are aware but one tip I only picked up myself recently is that the first jar with the cleaning fluid needs to be spun not too fast. Apparently you need to avoid any bubbles/foam - I'm not entirely sure of the reason, but I read it in two different sources, one of which is advice on using cleaning machines in a book. Anyway I tried it (after having been spinning fast) and sure enough it did a better job. Apologies if you already knew this.

Stephen

Thanks, great tip. I didn't know that & kept meaning to ask the question.

What cleaning solution are you using I have used Elma & L&R & never seen foam.

I use L&R Extra Fine and it always foams/bubbles if spun fast. I'm certainly no expert but I would assume this is normal, particularly as they sell another version called "No Fome" watch cleaner.

Hi rogart, I'm located in USA where there are a couple of suppliers that sell L&R. I get mine from ofrei, but esslinger sells them too and maybe others (a couple dollars more but may be better for export if allowed). I understand cousinsuk also have them but haven't really checked.

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

Hi rogart, I'm located in USA where there are a couple of suppliers that sell L&R. I get mine from ofrei, but esslinger sells them too and maybe others (a couple dollars more but may be better for export if allowed). I understand cousinsuk also have them but haven't really checked.

Cheers,

Bob

Looked on Cousinsuk but could found it . Maybe i will have to look again . Ofrei is to expensive for me to order from . Esslinger is a good dealer . i will check it out again . Thanks bobm12

• Like 1

Looked on Cousinsuk but could found it . Maybe i will have to look again . Ofrei is to expensive for me to order from . Esslinger is a good dealer . i will check it out again . Thanks bobm12

Cousins do have L&R

https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/watch-cleaning-rinsing-rust-removing-fluids

But they will not deliver by mail to CH, maybe not to Europe either.

Hi,

Drifting slightly but relevant I think. I have noticed in various photos and descriptions of machines inserts in the jars, called wave breakers by some. From what I've read they are there to disrupt the whirlpool effect created by the basket spinning, and also to help pull the dirt away from the centre. They sometimes look like mesh around the edge of the jar, or very similar to pastry cutter star shapes on the bottom or sometimes just pieces of metal inside the jar. Does anyone have any information about them? Any photos? Where to get them? How to make your own? Thanks.

Stephen

Jar belongs to Elma Super Automatic which I acuired recently, its in very good shape, all functions are working fine. Im looking for service manual in English, I received one from Elma but its in German which I dont speak...

post-1017-0-48339900-1430762076_thumb.jp