Elma Watch Cleaning Machine

Its coming together ready for the final rewiring, I spent a couple of hours yesterday measuring all the fixtures, bolts, screws, washers etc, and managed to find everything I needed in stainless steel from one seller on eBay :)

Edited by SSTEEL

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Amplitude still seems low, but I'm going to let it run in a bit and revisit. Meanwhile, got the first layer of the calendar works together and made sure the date ring snaps to both in quickset and regular setting. The mechanism is pretty cool, so I took a video.  
    • This is the part that need replaced if anyone can point me in the right direction. 
    • Hi wathweasol. I think it's made of brass. From the look of things, replacing the whole pusher as a set is beginning to be the way to go. Thanks. I'm thinking it could be just a tube and friction fit. I've taken another shot of the tube and posted here. Looks like just a tube fitted flush. Then, again, I have no experience in chronographs especially tubes and pushers. This one has no clips or washers to lock in the pusher in place. Coming from the outside, you'll have the button, spring and the stem inserted from the case and screwed in. The case holds the spring in place and the ridge at the other end of the stem keeps it from falling out of the case. Posted some pics here and an illustration to help. My sketch of how all the parts come in to play: Two different angles of the stem. Note the ridge near the slotted end that stops it falling out. This is an assembled piece of the one that was successfully pulled out. If it will have to be replaced, may I have some tips please on how to place an order, sizing, etc (Cousins, Esslinger,...) and on how to remove/install the pushers. My experience is just basic service with time only, day/date complications. Haven't had the opportunity to replace crown tubes and pushers. Thank you so much.
    • If you have no Powerpoint at Hand (but Libre-Office or whatever..), to get Access to the Videos in the pptx, make a Copy of the File, rename it to blabla.zip and unzip the File. Now in the Folder ppt/media you have all Pictures and Videos......   hope this helps some of us regards, Ernst
    • Yes, I'm so sorry about that. I had no clue what to say about my introduction because I've only started a few weeks ago and I've only mended 2 pocket watches. And yes you're right, I'm totally unequipped for this project, but I'm a little too deep into the water to stop.  I appreciate all of the information that you guys have given me and I will use it to find the parts I'm looking for.  And to respond to your statement, yeah, the hairspring is shot. I have no idea why it would be. I'm not sure if this is frowned upon or not, but I ordered a new balance wheel complete, with the bridge included (or so I think, because I checked with the seller and they said that everything in the image came with the product, which was the balance bridge and jewel setting attached to the balance wheel and hairspring) and the hairspring itself looked good. What I'm trying to say is I think my problems are solved. However, with that said, going back to how I'm unequipped for this project, I accidentally snapped the pivot on the escape wheel, but not before I wound the mainspring in the teeny tiny barrel the wrong way.  I have also ordered a new mainspring without y'all's guidance. There were no available Cal 19AS mainsprings, however I did purchase a Cal 19A mainspring. I looked it up and saw that the first source said that they're interchangeable.  I'm sorry if I have made y'all cringe a little bit here. For any other posts I'll figure out how to posts them where they belong.  Regards, (spelled right this time)  -tripleman   Here's a picture of that hairspring and upon further inspection, it looks decent. For some reason thought it's off the center of the top pivot and so i have to force it to move into the pivot forcing the spring to bend like you see in the previous photos.  here are some more clarifying pictures for Johns question earlier. also something else I noticed was the position of the stud on the hairspring. Should it be crooked like that?