Newbie introduction

Norberto

Hello everyone,

I am new to watch repair and after weeks of watch Watch Repair Channel and more recently Wristwatch Revival on Youtube (who recommended the course which I will be looking into), I am hooked.

I have purchased some starter tools and looking for bargains on ebay and digging out old watches I have left in drawers and boxes to gather dust.

I have always enjoyed trying to bring something broken back to life and just see how things work, but have to admit that the scale of what I am used to working with is much bigger. I dont have any expensive watches really, but have watched the DIY watch tutorials on Watch Repair Channel and they look like easy first step.

But now I have some rudimentary tools and looking for some advice here and there, and will be posting a question very soon about a long ignored watch that needs attention.

Thanks

Norberto

16 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hello and welcome to the forum Noberto,   a bit of reading to get you started.     cheers

1612608791_ToolsfortheHobbyist.pdf 371.51 kB · 0 downloads TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf 4.2 MB · 0 downloads

this is great. thanks for the pdfs. 

I am still building my tools so this is perfect.

massive timesaver.

much appreciated

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

For very good experience you need to watch Marks videos here or on youtube or better still enroll in his courses.  

Be careful with youtube videos most are not worth watching. Here is Kalle Slaap a watchmaker on youtube who is extremely good in everything from choosing tools to holding watch screwdrivers correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgxSTAUCx4JbT5J0ako61Ww

• 1 month later...