Casio Corner...

Bearman

Hello, 

I thought I'd share my Casio watch, which got me on the slippery slope of watch tinkering. This is the watch I've owned the longest, somewhere around 25 years, it's been on many adventures. It was retired some years ago in favour of a more expensive watch which since broke.

Having rediscovered it a year and half or so ago, neglected and with a flat battery I thought I'd pass it on to my son. However as with so many forgotten watches the battery had leaked in a catastrophic way ruining the module. So it sat for a while longer, until I discovered (after a bit of interweb research) that a module swap could be done to resurrected it. The '388' module was used in a number Casio's of that era. With nothing to lose and having managed to find a couple of very tatty Casio's but with working modules, I proceeded with the transplant. It's been working ever since, not that it goes on many adventures now, but still proud to own it.

Does anyone else have a special Casio still?    

Casio AD520 front.jpg

Casio AD520 back.jpg

Casio AD520 with strap.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks watchweasol you're too kind. It was this repair which spurred me on to mechanical watches. I couldn't let it languish in a draw any longer, it deserved to be repaired or at least an attempt made. I was annoyed with myself for forgetting about it and allowing the battery to leak.