On the Numbering of the Hairsprings, Andre Donat

I have a first attempt at a translation of a paper in french that was referenced towards the end of this thread -

This seems to be the definitive paper describing the "CGS" hairspring numbering system.

The original is posted in the above thread, and here is my attempt at a translation. I'm sure it can be improved, and I can supply my docx version to any one who wants to edit it. The optical character recognition and the subsequent machine translation introduced many errors, and I had to work on both the text and the equations. Since this is a new subject for me, I may have introduced my own errors šŸ™‚

Have fun!

1934AFChr___4__233DTranslated.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dadistic said:

This seems to be the definitive paper describing the "CGS" hairspring numbering system.

Thank you D,Ā Ā just browsed through the article, it apears to be a reasonable transformation of torque per unit area to an easy to use numbering system likeĀ Frank hasĀ been saying.Ā Ā 

I best keep reading before talking again on this. Britishprecisionsprings unitsĀ fooled me. AhĀ šŸ¤¢

Ā