Omega real or fake

Hi everyone,

Recently purchased an Omega, mainly because I loved the look of the watch, however, having looked up the serial number on the inside of the case it describes it as a sea master 1976.

Omegas website shows a slightly different dial than my watch. I am nowhere near knowledgeable enough to determine if my watch is correct or not, can anyone advise.

I have enclosed photographs and a link to the Omega site.

Graham

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/watch-omega-seamaster-omega-md-166-0202

777A3713-95F3-4E16-AD26-464EB5150C0C.jpeg

225F83E8-4170-4BAD-8608-DCB2FA69E7BA.jpeg

A29CE336-B0C3-4605-AB4B-155BB407B7A2.jpeg

BE910948-6FFF-4CDE-8145-9D5F001480ED.jpeg

4 hours ago, Gra said:

having looked up the serial number on the inside of the case it describes it as a sea master 1976.

Probably you have looked the reference from the casebacknot the serial which may be stamped on the mov.t.
Anyway it is indeed a authentic Seamaster De Ville.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Looks genuine to me.

Caliber 1010 is inscribed on your watch, Gg to Dr ranfft database to see picture of the movement and some additional info.

Google,    Omega 1010 ranfft

Regs

Thanks Nucejoe 

Much appreciated, now I just have to service it which I’m looking forward to with slight trepidation as I know I can’t afford to damage anything with rarity of parts.

4 hours ago, jdm said:

Probably you have looked the reference from the casebacknot the serial which may be stamped on the mov.t.
Anyway it is indeed a authentic Seamaster De Ville.

Thanks jdm

That’s good to know, I was a little unsure after I bought it as the info I found said screw back and printing in disk was different.

Thanks again

2 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

Looks real and the crystal is original. See the little Omega symbol stamped on the underside?

Thanks noirrac1j,

Much appreciate the info, got out my loupe and found the Omega logo on the crystal, I would never have found that if you hadn’t pointed it out.

Much happier now as I really like this style of watch and have wanted an Omega for years.

Graham

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.