Help ID this pocket watch please

Could some please shed some light on this watch company? This pocket watch belonged to my beloved grandfather. He passed away 40 years ago, but I do remember from my childhood that he never wore a wrist watch. This thing was always with him, in his pocket. Not to make this too boring, but recently, through a lot of writing with all my cousins around the world (the whole family has dispersed), I managed to find out who has the watch and they provided me with some photos. I clearly remember the chain 🙂

Anyway, I cannot find any information on "Moda". This was was bought in Europe, where we had lived. Is anybody here familiar with this company? I'd like to know more about it.

Many many thanks.

911f018d-1e0a-4c8a-8401-8a14af13f55a.jpg

944f776b-a39f-411f-b74d-1f81b1ca378d.jpg

cc5c0066-3dba-4aca-ab2b-f941827e8579.jpg

Hello there Moda is French for Fashion so you will need to open and post pictures of the movement.This will give everyone a chance to shed some light. From that we can establish a rough date and hopefully who manufactured the movement. I think that's your best shot. Hope this helps. 

Graziano 

• Like 1

I can't say anything for certain until I see the movement pics.  As Graziano says, such pictures are your best hope.

That said, I remember reading about some Angelus watches that were labeled "Moda" for Italian export. We will see.

"Chronometre" just *may* in this case be used as the Swiss reference for timepiece.  (The Swiss love confusing us with their use of French.)  But it also says you should have an anchor lever, 16 ruby bearings (an even number this time?) and Breguet overcoil hairspring.  Photographs of the movement should show us these things, and hopefully a maker's mark or name also.