Hublot Ultra Thin Classic Fusion - Authenticity

Hi everyone, would like to thank in advance to members for always providing excellent advice. 

I recently bought a Pre-Owned Hublot classic fusion watch, I was wondering if anyone can tell any tell-tale sings of it not being authentic. So far I couldn't locate any. 

I did send the serial number to Hublot and they confirmed that serial number is registered to the right model. 

The pics I am sharing are from the seller, I will receive the watch tomorrow, if pics of any specific parts will help then I will share that Screenshot_20210918-234448_2.thumb.jpg.d88fceae7ac9cecbdff1ee43a2d23eda.jpgas well. Screenshot_20210919-000254_2.thumb.jpg.af632aef00e2699fc8726828cacbbf49.jpg

Screenshot_20210918-234520_2.jpg

2 hours ago, Rishah said:

I recently bought a Pre-Owned Hublot classic fusion watch, I was wondering if anyone can tell any tell-tale sings of it not being authentic.

That seems a difficult mov.t to counterfeit, so if you can't find any on the usual selling platform, that means "they" gave up on even trying.

2 hours ago, Rishah said:

The pics I am sharing are from the seller,

Onw would think that when selling such an expensive watch, much better pictures would be made available, but hey..

The obvious question is ... how much are you buying this for?!

This is a limited edition and expensive watch. A genuine one is going to set you back about $14,000 https://www.chrono24.com/hublot/classic-fusion-classico-titanium-ultra-thin-skeleton-42mm-new--id7520197.htm

Or you can get a very convincing fake for $149 http://www.replicawatchreport.co/hublot-classic-fusion-classico-ultra-thin-skeleton-titanium-545-nx-0170-lr

What end of this spectrum are you? And if you can afford, say, $9,000 because that's a second hand price from your seller would you really be handing that amount of money over if you were unsure?

If it seems too good to be true..

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WatchMaker said:

That is what I didn't looked for, so we know that this model is in fact being counterfeited. Although the back is not shown perhaps because isn't very convincingl. 

The OP said the seller "disclosed" the serial number, that wouldn't be enough for me, i would ask to see it in two clear, high res pictures taken from different angles. Then it could be that the fakers use one or few correct numbers and count on the Maison customer service not to keep records of the related inquiries. 

Also worth to mention the apparent lack of box and papers as another bad sign. 

11 hours ago, WatchMaker said:

If it seems too good to be true..

Exactly. Low priced, poorly presented genuine items may not be just from desperate sellers but stolen goods. Which for any honest person is a worse than purchasing a fake.
Theft victims sometimes share the S/N of their watches on forums and presumably with the maker, but surely the vast majority doesn't. So that any unsuspecting Authorized Dealer could even certify the authenticity of a stolen watch. That's wrond and unjust really.

In the end, the old saying is best guidance: buy the seller. 

7 hours ago, jdm said:

so we know that this model is in fact being counterfeited

Oh yes! Here are some more: https://www.enstock2e.top/products.aspx?cname=hublot+classic+fusion+ultra+thin+skeleton

Picture of the back of one too from this page. Very convincing for $82.

image.png.91649856bdf29b15563491c3d1e136d8.png

The fact the OP didn't post a link to the selling site; that the obvious question on selling price has been ignored; and there are clearly fakes out there all screams alarm bells. 

@Rishah- did you get your watch? how much was it? is it $???? well spent? is it ticking nicely along at 28,800bph etc?

• Thanks 2

On 9/21/2021 at 1:22 AM, Rishah said:

Thanks @Nucejoe, I have posted the query in the Luxury Forum as well.

For others looking at this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/hublot-ultra-thin-classic-fusion-authenticity.5342158/

I think our forum has been slightly more constructive/polite. But we all genuinely hope Rishah you haven't been duped. 👍

Edited by WatchMaker
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WatchMaker said:

I think our forum has been slightly more constructive/polite. 

The remarks made on WUS (unacceptable pictures to start) are valid no matter how bluntly made. And I think your and my arguments, plus the good spotting by nucejoe are sound as well. The OP asked after having paid already, how much we may never know. In the end anyone is responsible for his own decisions. 

• Like 1

I finally got the watch, unfortunately had been in an office conference for last 2 days. That is why I couldn't update the forum. I was able to get the serial number verified with Hublot Switzerland and I was able to show it to an expert. Everything confirmed its a genuine model. The expert also informed that single winding should last 5 days for the original watch, its been 3 days and its still going good. 

I don't have any more doubts about it being fake. Regarding people being blunt/nasty, don't pay attention to such people. If experts can't provide expert opinion without referencing the price then I honestly believe they are more judgmental than experts.

This forum has always provided me valid info and good technical advice.

Attaching high def pic just for reference. 

1277205657_Camera01.JPG

Camera 04 (2).JPG

Edited by Rishah

On 9/23/2021 at 6:56 PM, Rishah said:

I finally got the watch, unfortunately had been in an office conference for last 2 days. That is why I couldn't update the forum. I was able to get the serial number verified with Hublot Switzerland and I was able to show it to an expert. Everything confirmed its a genuine model. The expert also informed that single winding should last 5 days for the original watch, its been 3 days and its still going good. 

I don't have any more doubts about it being fake. Regarding people being blunt/nasty, don't pay attention to such people. If experts can't provide expert opinion without referencing the price then I honestly believe they are more judgmental than experts.

This forum has always provided me valid info and good technical advice.

Attaching high def pic just for reference. 

1277205657_Camera01.JPG

Camera 04 (2).JPG

On 9/22/2021 at 1:47 AM, WatchMaker said:

For others looking at this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/hublot-ultra-thin-classic-fusion-authenticity.5342158/

I think our forum has been slightly more constructive/polite. But we all genuinely hope Rishah you haven't been duped. 👍

Thanks @WatchMakerfor your kind words, they are rare these days.