Hello! Hoping someone can advise on Kendal & Dent

LeytonGeoff

1 hour ago, LeytonGeoff said:

K&D key for sale online

I assume you mean the universal key?

30 minutes ago, LeytonGeoff said:

if there is one designed for my model. Knowing me, I'd buy a set of 14 and none would fit!

the old keys do not have markings on them if there was a specific key for your watch there is no way it ever find it today because they're not marked.

I've attached an image the universal key works fine but notice it's diameter? It's diameter is such that it isn't going to go through the opening in the case it's really good for working on movements specifically out of the case. But as long as the backlit is open you could use the universal key most of the time. Sometimes there's a dust ring and you might not really get the universal key in because the dust ring is preventing that. In other words is a ring the size of the case back opening to hopefully keep the dust out of the watch.

then the key set does work with some minor issues. They're not made to an exacting specification even if there's a chart. So they'll be a little bit of variation. Then occasionally the outer diameter is a problem. The original key might have had a much smaller outer diameter than the modern replacement keys

watch keys.JPG

• 2 months later...