Hello From Wyoming

adenfulton

Hi i am Aden Fulton i am a beginner watch maker and i am 15 years old i am in 10th grade and i fix watches  for people around my town and i have been into Horology for about two years now and my Great Grandfather was a Watch Maker  and i also collect old wrist watches and pocket watches and fob watches and i love to collect Verge Fusee pocket watches too 

• Like 1

Where in Wyoming? We see a lot of you guys down here (Denver)! 

Edit: That said, beware of personal information. No town in Wyoming is big enough to have more than one Aden Fulton. At 15, you're probably more savvy about that than I am anyway.

Edited by spectre6000
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spectre6000 said:

Where in Wyoming? We see a lot of you guys down here (Denver)! 

Edit: That said, beware of personal information. No town in Wyoming is big enough to have more than one Aden Fulton. At 15, you're probably more savvy about that than I am anyway.

i live in Gillette wy

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• @JohnR725 that's very helpful.  I appreciate the time you took to give those instructions and post the pictures.  below is a picture of my staff, which looks identical to the ones you posted.  The approx measurements I got are: .772 on the left part of the staff; .715 on the right side of the hub; the hub is 1.107; and the overall length (minus the broken pivot) is 5.248; which seem to line up with the measurements you posted.  I didn't think to measure the pivot, which I'll do if there's enough of one left on the staff.  Thanks again.
    • Thank you to both of you!  I've been somewhat derailed by this quandary for a couple of days now. I am guessing that the point of the wider tweezers is to support the whole spring at the same time in an effort to prevent it going under tension... I have already discovered the Zen of a clutter free space, and trying to keep my work well away from the edge, however the most terrifying of the flights wasn't so short, I had my work in the middle of the table and nothing else around.  That particular launch was towards me.  I distinctly recall feeling the spring hit my left hand as it escaped.  I only found it by dumb luck, on the floor, between the legs of my chair.  I need to order a pack of replacements just in case.  I think I recall a thread discussing where to find them, and the differences between the clones and the authentic ETA ones, pointing out that they're not interchangeable (the clones being longer IIRC).  Now I just have to find that thread again.  What I haven't mastered is the zen of the search function here.  I'm sure I"ll get that down eventually. So this is similar to, but different from one of the posts I had found in my original searches (or maybe I'm just hallucinating, I can't find the post I thought I remember).  The bits about the corner filled in a gap in what I'd read before.  At least I have a more clear picture in my head about what needs to happen now.  Yes, I've learned about how touchy these springs are.  What I'm not sure I have a good grasp on is the understanding of what causes the spring to flex, other than to say "the slightest little touch"  I think I'm going to try a small bit of Rodico to position the spring next time.
    • I think it's stamped on the inside cover. 309 I think.
    • Hi all, needing a little help. I have an old Casio AQ-321G, but have no idea what battery it takes. I've looked around online, but cannot see anything... I see a 309 stamped on the case back, could this be it....? Can you please help, below are some pictures:
    • The radial teeth are for hte seconds register, and the other (which is simple and doesn' take away significant torque from the train) for the minutes register.