Bought This Watch Press

Davey57

I have just bought this and would like to ask a couple of questions. It came with a load of dies but apart from the four in a row in the right hand box, there are none that will locate onto the lower dowel of the press. Also I am unsure if this will serve as a crystal press, it might be my eyesight but it looks as if when you screw down the press it comes down at a slight angle. It is difficult to tell without having something in the lower jaw. Could this be just a back press?  A crystal press would have to come down perfectly square, as I say this might but I'm not 100% sure. Could I buy some dies for the lower part of the press, the dowel can be removed and it is around 7mm?

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

post-923-0-91435200-1429977521_thumb.jpg

My opinion is you're assertain is right, might be that when it was made it when down square enough to be used for a crystal press, but it doesn't look to have kept that precision.

But I'm not familiar with the maker or the die press itself, so I can't tell you much.

Take this with a pinch of salt, as I simply do not know without getting my hands on it, but It may not be the best press you can get. (thought it certainly may not be 'bad') 

Edited by Ishima