Hello from Gorgeous Tennessee

AmyV

Hello and welcome to the forum,  There are many books on the subject of Horology, If your interest is in collecting clocks and watches then here is a few starters, Brittans Old Clocks and Watches. History of Clocks and Watches  by , Bruton.  Timepieces by David Christianson. These are but a sample there are many more and also on the repair of clocks and Watches and also tools and their uses. You could probably fill a a room and then some.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again! I have included pictures below to see if anyone would know anything about this bench. We inherited this from someone who worked on watches and clocks. I would love to know an approximate value (USD) if anyone if familiar with this particular one. We can't decide if we want to sell it or keep it in the family. Any help is appreciated!

Bench 1.jpg

Bench 2.jpg

Bench 3.jpg

Bench 4.jpg

1 hour ago, AmyV said:

I can't find any type of branding or identifying details.

I think your piece predate by much the time when cabinetry started having brands. Material houses also sold tools and benches, it's logical to suppose they had them made in small batches from the most convenient reputable supplier. And any good local woodworker was supposed to be able to make one based on a drawing or customer requirements.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.  Oh what a beautiful workbench!  Just lovely.  I seriously doubt I could speculate how much money you could get from selling it.  I know hand-crafted furniture is not cheap stuff, especially these days.  And I'm sure that bench is worth more than I could afford.  But then, I'm the sort to encourage the owner to keep it rather than sell it.  It looks like something you'd miss later.  And if not used for watches, it would make a fine desk. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...