7750 Asian clone accuracy

I put together 3 7750 clone watches and one seems to be one of the most accurate mechanical watches in the world. I know that's a big claim but would you consider 3 sec. in 4 months to be good? To be honest it has deviated as much as 17 sec. during this time. At the end of the first month it was 3 sec fast. At the end of the second month it was 3 sec. slow. At the end of the third month it was 4 sec fast. At the end of the forth month it was 3 sec fast. I wear the watch every day and I do not take any special care when doing work around the house. It seems to getting even more stable. The other two watches keep good time if I put them on at the same time each day. But if I wait like two hours longer one day than the day before they loose like 10 sec. But this one watch does not care how much you over sleep on the weekends, it will be within a sec of the day before. Like I said if it does drift a little during the month it seems to know when the end of the month is coming and it will drift back to where it started at the beginning of the month. I oiled these movements with 9010 to the jewels I could reach with out taking it apart. I also put 9010 on a few teeth of the escapement gear. Every night when I check it against my atomic clock I just am amazed. I just know its going to like 25 sec off one of these times like other watches I have timed. But no it's always almost dead on. If anyone knows of a contest of watch accuracy let me know.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bauertime said:

seems to know when the end of the month is coming

Spooky. Could it be an in-tune-with-the-Moon-watch?

36 minutes ago, Bauertime said:

If anyone knows of a contest of watch accuracy let me know.

The Swiss used to hold these, until Seiko started winning, then they took their ball away.

It's very impressive performance for sure, but it is the repeatability and consistency which is unusually good and inherent in the movement, not the accuracy at the end  of the month, which I think you'll agree was just a matter of luck.

Do you have timing machine results in all positions? They would be interesting, last thing in the evening and first  thing in the morning.

You do seem to be inordinately concerned. Just give yourself a pat on the shoulder and enjoy it while it lasts.

9 hours ago, toptime810 said:

You will understand in 6 months what quality means

Sounds like a mix of an unfounded prediction and jinx casting.
Chinese mov.ts of a same type may come in different grade.
Anyway I whish better for the OP's watch.

It means material the mechanism is made with. Those are made with cheap soft metals. There is no precision in the fitting of the parts when the wheels meet it is loose not a tight fit like Swiss. Have you used harbour freight tools? That’s what a Chinese movement is compared to. It works for awhile but will eventually fail and will not be repairable. When Someone ask is I can fix one I tell them to just replace it. No point in repairing them. Like a pocket Ben it’s a throw away movement

Edited by toptime810
More words

I have dollar watches that I have restored, because I like them and wanted examples from an important part of watch history.

I'm glad whoever owned them originally did not throw them away, even though they weren't considered "repairable".

I don't sell watches or services at the moment, but have lots of watches with "cheap" chinese movements in them. So far no problems that I can't take care of myself, but then again these watches don't see the use that watches used to get.

Maybe they will wear out like my 50 year old TImex watches, and have to be thrown away 🙂 (Just kidding, my Timex's are just fine).

Cheers!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I do not have a timing machine. I use a 20x stereo microscope to adjust timing.

Ha...I do as well.  Don't have a timegrapher but I have a Dino-Lite digital microscope with a comparator feature on it.  I center the impulse jewel between the banking pins with in .002 in of center with it.

Its a pain in the but to set up, but in the end it gets the job done.

I too was impressed with the 7750 clone accuracy. We will see if it lasts. I have had mine for like 6 months. The chronograph start and top function is a little chunky feeling but everything else is ok. I have 2 of these.

They are no where near the quality of some of the name brand watches I have including Seiko.

Mileage may vary.

Matt