Everyone has now got a rocket

I have asked Mark to confirm it indicates we are all going to the space, after all.

[UPDATE] The rocket appeared after an update done for security reasons. It will be looked at in the due time and distance. In the meanwhile, if it bothers you enough, set the Ads blocker to hide it.

[UPDATE 2] Rocket is gone and we're all grounded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The "rocket" watch I can respect.
Rich men's rockets - not so much.  I cannot help but remember that these rich men have more than enough to pay all of their employees a good, living wage, or they could have ended world hunger, or they could have used their vast resources in other immediate ways to benefit humanity.  I noticed their choice was to use it for playing at being astronauts and offering other rich people expensive joy rides in them.  So many of the very wealthy have the means to bring about great and positive change for all people, and they choose otherwise. "Noblesse oblige" is not so common an aspiration anymore.

• Like 3

Perhaps I should qualify that remark. While it is arguably true that with great power comes great responsibility, there is little to suggest in the recent history of mankind that those who consider themselves entitled to wield such power are ever given to consider those who have little or no access to such power.

That applies as much to the fiscally wealthy and their power to lord it over the rest of us, as it does to the rest of humankind and there general disregard for the health and well being of the planet around them.

The noblesse, without the oblige if you will.

• Like 6

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 3:04 AM, grsnovi said:

Can any of you with more time on this board than me delineate the various "levels" associated with your current rank?

Don't bother one second with the ranking system. It means nothing (or very, very little) in relation to knowledge about watch repairing. You simply have to find out who you find it worthwhile to read and trust. The title simply reflects how many posts a member has written, or is a custom title (like in my case).

Edited by VWatchie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:25 PM, AndyHull said:

Perhaps I should qualify that remark. While it is arguably true that with great power comes great responsibility, there is little to suggest in the recent history of mankind that those who consider themselves entitled to wield such power are ever given to consider those who have little or no access to such power.

That applies as much to the fiscally wealthy and their power to lord it over the rest of us, as it does to the rest of humankind and there general disregard for the health and well being of the planet around them.

The noblesse, without the oblige if you will.

Compensated by owning something large and rockety looking

2 hours ago, VWatchie said:

Don't bother one second with the ranking system. It means nothing (or very, very little) in relation to knowledge about watch repairing. You simply have to find out who you find it worthwhile to read and trust. The title simply reflects how many posts a member has written, or is a custom title (like in my case).

And in my case as I'm about to relinquish  my enthusiast title and move up to # I might have a vague clue as to what I'm talking about # title.  Personally I think the forum ranking system has made a huge mistake in letting beginner's think I have so much as an apaths worth of knowledge about watch repair  Lol. But I'm taking it, I've worked bloody hard for it. Sat at home on my arse for the past 4 days on my phone, generally just babbling on and peeing people off. I have a king size Toblerone  in the fridge to celebrate with that I was saving for such an auspicious Occasion. In all seriousness its maybe not much more an indication of how much time someone spends on here and how much they post and have liked. I have found as a beginner to connect with someone that you like that has good knowledge, engage your brain before askng silly questions do sum research on back posts because what you need to know might be there. Some banter is fun but above all else be polite and respectful and also expect the same back.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 11:06 PM, AndyHull said:

I already have a couple of Rockets...

Raketa2609HA.thumb.jpg.bae09484f5bdee1aca8c5f0845c21e17.jpg

... but I can always make room for some more.😜

image.png.47c370dd4244886d88dac2c6c877769f.png

I quite like this one, but I think my wife would throw me out of the house if I brought it home.

https://raketa.com/w/en/largest-clock/

Excuse me, I'm very attached to my grandfather's sekonda 2609 ha raketa. Tut

2 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

I've already loaded up my fridge with celebratory chocolate and cake  plus tomorrow  I'm widening the doors of my house to accommodate  my soon to be extra girth. 🍰🧁🍨🍩🍪🎂    🤢    🤮

I'm wondering how soon my reputation of 22 will be somehow magically converted alphabetically to the words "Troublemaker" 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

I've already loaded up my fridge with celebratory chocolate and cake  plus tomorrow  I'm widening the doors of my house to accommodate  my soon to be extra girth. 🍰🧁🍨🍩🍪🎂    🤢    🤮

Woohoo I'm officially an addict, it's been a long slog. I feel like I'm 30 again staying up till all hours of the morning trying to get old Lara double Ds onto a crumbling rock platform. But I mean come on 400 points to the next rank up, really ? I do have other things to do you know, like getting out and having a life. Sadly enough no I don't 😪, I'm afraid the forum is stuck with me. I Jest

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Woohoo I'm officially an addict, it's been a long slog. I feel like I'm 30 again staying up till all hours of the morning trying to get old Lara double Ds onto a crumbling rock platform. But I mean come on 400 points to the next rank up, really ? I do have other things to do you know, like getting out and having a life. Sadly enough no I don't 😪, I'm afraid the forum is stuck with me. I Jest

Ooooh another point, I'm started to get excited again, 

55 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Ooooh another point thank you Andy. I'm starting to get all excited again, I think a bit of wee has just come out.  Yawn zzzzzzzz. I'll behave today, yesterday was a busy day, 2 threads were removed and strangely enough i was the last person to post on them, quite coincidently and absolutely nothing to do with me of course. I then had my wrist slapped by a moderator, which I hopefully passified with my very truthful reply, I must repeat very truthful reply and excuse. But at the end of the day I did eventually patch up some minor issues I had with an extremely valued knowledgeable understanding member, me and the missus are taking the grandkids round for lunch so all good there. See you on  Sunday just before noon John ok, I'll bring plenty of beer.   

On 4/13/2022 at 3:27 PM, VWatchie said:

Can I ask VW, that you don't suggest changing the system just yet, I'm frantically working my way to the top and I don't want my plans scuppered before I get there. In fact don't make a mention of it at all because if I get demoted to the classroom clown I'm not going to be a happy  bunny. Oops this isn't  public is it darn. 😁