Dollar watch on timegrapher

Good Friday evening,

I put a westclox scotty on my timegrapher 1000 and it doesn't seem to register; stays on the preliminary screen that says "auto detect."  The timegrapher acted a bit funny today with a couple of other jeweled watches, where it started detecting but then went back to the preliminary screen, but ultimately it seemed to work on those.  I've only used the machine a few times.  Does the timegrapher not detect non jeweled watches or is something wrong with the machine?  Thank you and have a nice weekend.

9 hours ago, arron said:

Does the timegrapher not detect non jeweled watches 

in the autodetect mode is looking for a signal within a specific range or ranges's for a specific frequencies. This is where we could make a wild guesses probably 18,000 beats per hour and manually set the mode to that range.

Then one of the unfortunate problems with the Chinese machines it would be nice to have real audio. In other words how is does the watch sound? If the machines not getting a clean enough signal it can have issues with the signal that would be another problem.

The timegrapher is now working with the dollar watch.  I think the watch was running so far out of parameters that the machine wouldn't function properly.  I noticed that i hadn't fully wound the watch and once i did that the machine picked up the signal but i still got an erratic display.  Once i serviced the watch, the timegrapher seemed to work as i would expect.  Thanks guys.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2021 at 2:52 AM, arron said:

Does the timegrapher not detect non jeweled watches or is something wrong with the machine? 

Nothing is wrong, when a watch works erratically that is what the instrument shows.