Seiko 6139B fixed!

Hello everybody. I’ve been a long time lurker here but finally joined. 
here is some footage of the aftermath of my repaired Seiko 6139B Chronograph movement. Such a great feeling when the balance wheel started going and the watch started ticking! I couldn’t have done it without the help of this knowledgeable forum and people! Thank you!

~Che

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CheSeiko98 said:

That’s seems to be a forum issue because I uploaded to Reddit just fine. 

Best is to upload on YouTube then link here. Here's two videos by our Host Mark Lovick on the subject:

On 8/2/2021 at 12:46 PM, CheSeiko98 said:

Thank you. I’m well familiar with marks channel as I’m a subscriber. Haven’t bought his course yet though haha

Not to hijack the thread, but I thought i'd put a quick comment here. I've only just started Mark's course myself but have been enjoying the course. Mark is very clear- both in his video quality and importantly too in what he says in the videos (i'm a bugger and watch him at 2x speed!) I am waiting for my suggested learner movement (Seagull 3620) to arrive in the mail before actually getting to the real hands-on part of the course, but his Youtube videos do give you a feel for the way Mark does his videos. His Youtube videos are one of the reasons I chose to dive into watch repair.

CheSeiko98- I'd love to see how your repair work went. Can you post the Reddit link or is that against the rules??

MIME embedded media issues typically have to do with web browsers not interpreting the format of a linked/embedded file correctly and also I have noticed as of Firefox version 86 these have been more commonly an issue with forums. I'm not sure there is a good fix for this at present.

59 minutes ago, PinLeverPete said:

In cases like this, I would read the 6138 manuals and just dive in.

Which doesn't exists either. All what is available is a parts lists made almost unintelligible by repeated photocopying. But if you have something better, please share it.

59 minutes ago, PinLeverPete said:

My point being that these things are often over-thought. Once you get in there, it’s just a tiny machine. 🙂

I beg to differ. If you will want to share a video of you diving into a complicated mov.t, I'll be happy to watch it .
For the others that instead want to take the main roid and getting a complete education, the resource of reference is always http://watchfix.com as mentioned before.
Worth to remind also that is online courses and Patreon subscript that allow out Host Mark Lovick to continue funding this forum to a first-class level.

5 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

dug up a couple of sheets for the seiko 6138A and 6138B  and attached them for who ever has a requirement.    cheers

I stand corrected then, these are indeed good old technical resources from the manufacturer. Thank you watchweasol!

7 hours ago, jdm said:

Which doesn't exists either. All what is available is a parts lists made almost unintelligible by repeated photocopying. But if you have something better, please share it.

I beg to differ. If you will want to share a video of you diving into a complicated mov.t, I'll be happy to watch it .

You are wrong, as you were shown 😉

I didn’t mean to imply that I had any desire to teach anyone anything.

I have just about every Seiko and Timex manual available if you want to teach yourself, though. 

Edited by PinLeverPete

6 hours ago, PinLeverPete said:

I have just about every Seiko and Timex manual available if you want to teach yourself, though. 

I don't know about Timex but for Seiko that's hardly an exclusive possession considering that SCWF's 8 pages long collection has been there since very long time.

https://www.thewatchsite.com/threads/seiko-calibers-technical-repair-manuals.15/

20 hours ago, jdm said:

I don't know about Timex but for Seiko that's hardly an exclusive possession considering that SCWF's 8 pages long collection has been there since very long time.

https://www.thewatchsite.com/threads/seiko-calibers-technical-repair-manuals.15/

Oh. Some guy a few posts back said that it didn’t exist. Seems strange that he would say that if they’re available online...it’s almost like a search could have saved this discussion. 🙂

Best of luck and if you have any questions, feel free to message me! 😉

• 3 weeks later...