IWC SAV Calibre 74

Hello again,

And here I think are some great people with great skills, thank you for all your responses, help me a lot.

Now another topic, I have in service a beautiful  IWC SAV calibre 74  after serial no. timed 1919 , a broken balance pin, do you have an idea where can I find this kind of spare parts? 

Somebody suggested scotchwatch.com - Who are they and from where ? and if you have some other ideas please help!

Thank you 

Tibi V sr

Normally balance staffs can be found from material houses or balancestaffs.com although they show as sold out. The staff ref: is Ronda 1349

I have had no luck in finding the above and It is likely the only way forward is to have one made and fitted by a watchmaker.

• Like 1

Hello,

Thank for your response, at this moment I'm searching for IWC caliber 74 and now staff Ronda 1349, this staff was use only in this caliber?to extend searching?  perhaps somebody  is selling this for another caliber or another brand

Thank you 

On 7/30/2021 at 10:29 AM, clockboy said:

Normally balance staffs can be found from material houses or balancestaffs.com although they show as sold out. The staff ref: is Ronda 1349

I have had no luck in finding the above and It is likely the only way forward is to have one made and fitted by a watchmaker.

Hello, 

Would be easier to find a balance complete instead of a balance staff?  

I found In Canada a balance staff can you help me to read it? 

Thank you 

tibi v sr

On 7/30/2021 at 10:29 AM, clockboy said:

fba722aa-55fa-49bd-b392-6061b800de32.jpg

On 7/29/2021 at 10:10 PM, TibiV said:

broken balance pin, do you have an idea where can I find this kind of spare parts?

There is no secret place for parts, and not even any guarantee that you can find all parts, have a read to the topic below.

That being said the normal procedure for a balance staff that can't be found is to have a master watchmaker cut and fit it to the wheel.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:37 PM, TibiV said:

at this moment I'm searching for IWC caliber 74 and now staff Ronda 1349, this staff was use only in this caliber?

image.thumb.png.8deb89cd641d06564ac710d2fc98ba5f.png

As you can see "Ronda no: 1349", calibre "73" and "74". Good luck like finding one, having one made, or making one! 👍

Edited by VWatchie