Click mechanism

Smithsmad

1 hour ago, Smithsmad said:

Were would I get a crass click lever for a foreign made Westminster clock and a black screw for it as I do not want to buy a bag of them 

Just FYI, we have a section on our friendly forum where it's considered polite for new members to introduce themselves first.

We will need to see photos of the movement. If you can take some nice clear ones photos help a lot. 

As jdm has mentioned an intro is the first step on here before asking for help. I hope you enjoy this forum and we can help you. 

I have done an introduction. In the members section I am related to the clock maker William baket

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

We will need to see photos of the movement. If you can take some nice clear ones photos help a lot. 

As jdm has mentioned an intro is the first step on here before asking for help. I hope you enjoy this forum and we can help you. 

1627217136712335701204993451711.jpg

• Like 1

I will take it out of the case tommorrow.they look similar to the ones on I few clock mechanisms for locking the barrel cog when winding it up.mr fidalar had got to it and probable lost it.i presumed as it is mass produced the might be a standard part.

Regards

Robin

It may be easier to make one. it's not a complicated shape. You just need a reasonably bit a steel to cut and file to shape and then find a screw and bobs your uncle! (Worst case, nick the screw out of the lower barrel retainer.....but don't tell OH!)

47 minutes ago, RogerH said:

It may be easier to make one. it's not a complicated shape. You just need a reasonably bit a steel to cut and file to shape and then find a screw and bobs your uncle! (Worst case, nick the screw out of the lower barrel retainer.....but don't tell OH!)

I did think of making one but do not have any material in stock.i have looked for broken clocks to take parts off but no such luck .if I did I would have a go at fixing it.

Regards

Robin 

• Like 1

I may have a go at making one then I have had to make parts for valve radios and vintage mowers over the years.i have been looking at various sales sites to see if any one had some in the may come in handy tins that appear at sales and house clearances.