Seiko 7009 Dial Spacer Alternatives ?

Hi all.

I have bought a number of the Seiko 7009 to help teach myself watch Repairs, a few complete watches and a few movements for any spares needed to get the complete watches working.

So far I have successfully repaired 3 of them but can't complete the rebuild because on all the watches the white spacer ring that fits between the movement and dial have all cracked into multiple little bits.

Given that this part is almost unobtainable, especially in number, has anyone found a suitable DIY replacement for the ring.

Or if you know of a supplier with any in stock a heads up would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Cousins have them. Look for 884.283, that's the Seiko part code.

They also have the 884.006 part for the 7005. Its cheaper, metalic, and might be compatible with a 7009, but I'm not sure about it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Paul80 said:

Thank, your are a star

I will order both and report back if the cheaper one is suitable.

Paul

I have the same problem and tried supergluing the part. I look forward to your report

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just received the 2 versions from Cousins

Both have the same internal and external circumference measurements.

The plastic one is 1.5mm thick and the metal one is 0.5mm thick.

Not sure is the 1mm difference matters, I suppose it might bring the hands closer to the back of the crystal.

Might also be possible to fit 2 metal ones but then the price would be getting close to the plastic one by then.

I have working on a movement now, if I get it going I will try the metal one and report back.

Paul  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, Paul80 said:

Hi all

Just received the 2 versions from Cousins

Both have the same internal and external circumference measurements.

The plastic one is 1.5mm thick and the metal one is 0.5mm thick.

Not sure is the 1mm difference matters, I suppose it might bring the hands closer to the back of the crystal.

Might also be possible to fit 2 metal ones but then the price would be getting close to the plastic one by then.

I have working on a movement now, if I get it going I will try the metal one and report back.

Paul  

having the same problem myself.let me know how you went on.B.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for not updating this.

Basically I found that one metal ring was not enough and two gave fitment issues.

I found a seller that had second hand ones in good condition so I bought a few from him. He had them at 5 for the price of one new one so I grabbed them whilst he had them, just checked and he has no more look, the guy in the Netherlands has them at £2.95 each with is still less than a new one from Cousins.

2 hours ago, Paul80 said:

Sorry for not updating this.

Basically I found that one metal ring was not enough and two gave fitment issues.

I found a seller that had second hand ones in good condition so I bought a few from him. He had them at 5 for the price of one new one so I grabbed them whilst he had them, just checked and he has no more look, the guy in the Netherlands has them at £2.95 each with is still less than a new one from Cousins.

Are you able to link to the seller? Or if not allowed dm me please.

10 hours ago, FrankMachin said:

Did you ever resolve this @Paul80  i have a 7009 3020 and the movement is moving and i want to replace the spacer.

I'm not sure if this is the part you are looking for. 

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/0884283-Genuine-Original-Dial-Ring-Holding-Seiko-Diver-7002-7009-7019-/294863015944?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Other option is that if you have a 3D printer or a friend who has one you can print your own for fractions of a penny, there is a 7009 dial spacer on thingyverse and I have uploaded some movement holders which I reverse engineered for the 7009 also, links below:

Dial ring: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5286303

Movement spacer type 1: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5866398

Movement spacer type 2: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5866388

• Like 1