Hi I’m new here but love watches, recently found my grandads rally watch, very similar to the first pictured it runs great but Crystal is cracked and scratched so would like to replace it and get wearing it. I currently have it with a watch maker friend who said he is having trouble finding a new Crystal plus the old one appears to be glued down? Believe the serial number is 27675 10578, can anyone give me a part number for Crystal and instructions on how to remove? 

Many thanks in advance! 

the crystal was not glued at the factory and it would just lift off with a crystal wrench or lift.  First you must remove the bezel ring and I'm sure you will find debris in the underside.  

I'll look for the catalog pic of the watch so you can match a new strap.

I don't have the 1978 catalog so not sure about what strap it would have originally come with.  But I would suggest a vintage rally type with the three round holes. 

Here is a pic of what I believe is the same sized case bezel so suggest to order what would be a high doom type. Or just keep it as is and just be careful near water.

218907854_201021851962163_6490224471017747026_n.jpg

23 hours ago, JerseyMo said:

no number, you will have to measure the case and the old crystal for dimensions.

good thing is this is a round one so will be much easier to fine a match.

Is it an acceptable practice to replace a Timex crystal with a generic one? I thought I had violated my Telephone Dial Timex when I did that. 🤣

On 7/23/2021 at 9:55 PM, HectorLooi said:

Is it an acceptable practice to replace a Timex crystal with a generic one? I thought I had violated my Telephone Dial Timex when I did that. 🤣

No issue with using a generic crystal if it is the only option.

• Thanks 1