Identifying a (very old) vintage movement

Hi Everyone! 

By any chance anyone recognizes this movement? 
The dial is branded “Borel Fils” but the movement is not branded or marked with any name or number except for a serial (already disassembled it so I checked closely). Should be Swiss and dated late 1800 / early 1900.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
I’m in dire need for some replacement parts which were corroded by rust so I hope by identifying it I will manage to locate a donor movement or any other lead.

0B53CA5E-D408-428D-9CCB-63F5AAB1B7EA.jpeg

628C8445-EFBE-4048-A9D9-BE8BCEE3039B.jpeg

Edited by Rafael
Typo

• Rafael changed the title to Identifying a (very old) vintage movement

If that's a Swiss ébauche movement, which seems probable from what little I can see, it could be an FHF (Fontainemelon) or A. Schild, or a Minerva or a number of ones allied with ETA.  See if you can spot a logo hiding below a bridge somewhere; there may be none but it's worth careful inspection. 

Also: could you post the size please?  And perhaps some photos of dial and hands?  Maybe a closeup of the pallet lever too?  And what kind of case is it in?  I saw the hinged back cover, but I also see lugs on the sides; if from late 1800s to early 1900s, it was made before wrist watches, so I am wondering if it was re-cased.

Edited by KarlvonKoln

Just now, HectorLooi said:

I'm curious. Why did the Swiss manufacturers used "FAST/SLOW" on the balance cock instead of something in  French, German or Italian?

I wondered about that too.  On a foreign watch, I usually see "Avance" and "Retard".  Made for the British or American market perhaps?

7 hours ago, KarlvonKoln said:

If that's a Swiss ébauche movement, which seems probable from what little I can see, it could be an FHF (Fontainemelon) or A. Schild, or a Minerva or a number of ones allied with ETA.  See if you can spot a logo hiding below a bridge somewhere; there may be none but it's worth careful inspection. 

Also: could you post the size please?  And perhaps some photos of dial and hands?  Maybe a closeup of the pallet lever too?  And what kind of case is it in?  I saw the hinged back cover, but I also see lugs on the sides; if from late 1800s to early 1900s, it was made before wrist watches, so I am wondering if it was re-cased.

Hi, thanks! I’m attaching a few more pictures. Movement diameter is ~25mm so probably 11 lignes.

3C4F2B28-82AB-490D-B1A7-FEF5C6F6EDC5.jpeg

24261E24-D1A9-4F43-A563-8C27A5083C05.jpeg

352E1667-58EC-4296-A902-B0340586DEF0.jpeg

6 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Have you tried Dr ranffts database to trace the caliber down by its keyless. 

After fiddling about with Dr Ranffts website, I did the database search based on specific characteristics. No luck as well, didn't find one that is even close and I basically went through like 300 movements (and this is after I searched Bestfit catalogue 1+2). 

Well, I guess unless there's a miracle and someone will magically identify it, I'll have to start thinking of how to sort generic parts and hope that it will fit 🙂  

Edited by Rafael